Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where's self-extraction in Void Flood missions?

Renathy

How come a player or two must be forced to endure the mission they want to speedrun due to the fact you cannot be bothered to take your time through it solo?

In general if it is Bounty, people usually want it for Bounty drops/rep/Mission Credit for NW.

If you are after C rotation drop, you should play Normal Navigation Mission, preferably solo or in premade.

That applies to Whispers in the Wall Bounties/Missions as well.

10 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

How come a player or two must be forced to endure the mission they want to speedrun due to the fact you cannot be bothered to take your time through it solo?

In general if it is Bounty, people usually want it for Bounty drops/rep/Mission Credit for NW.

If you are after C rotation drop, you should play Normal Navigation Mission, preferably solo or in premade.

That applies to Whispers in the Wall Bounties/Missions as well.

The concept of self-extraction has been a part of the core experience for a while now. It allows players to leave the mission without jeopardizing anyone else, be it forcing them out the mission or idling until everyone leaves. It's that simple. I'm not going to run it solo, nor pre-made, when I can just host a mission for whoever wants to join and do whatever, seeing as that's the general concept of this game. In fact, and like I've mentioned above, players who would rather speed through it, should preferably do it solo, as opposed to what you suggested. Your idea is counterintuitive.

Edited by Renathy

15 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

You may want to check how well to concept works when the leaving player happens to be the host.

That's a peer-to-peer issue. My suggestion to circumvent that issue would be for the developers to implement dedicated servers, much like they have in Conclave. Otherwise it's a moot point. The original problem persists. Peer-to-peer is another dilema on its own.