The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I only have an xbox account - What does that mean for me?

(XBOX)Victini24

A while back, I tried to trade with a fellow Xbox player only to receive an error message because I didn't have cross-save enabled. But after reading the sites Cross-Platform Save Guide, it states that a Cross-save account refers to two accounts that have undergone linking or merging.

But I only have an Xbox account. I don't have any other accounts to merge or link with. So, as far as I'm aware, I have absolutely no way of enabling Cross-save. So, is this just going to be a problem for me (Only being able to trade with an ever decreasing pool of players) or is there something I'm just missing? 

Well you'll be able to trade with me -- since I'm not doing the cross-save.

Waiting for trade chat to be like...

CS CP PC WTB [Octavia Prime Blueprint] PMO
cp NO CS wts sculps
CROSS SAVE ONLY lf 100 ducat junk ft
Xbox wtb ember pmp

🙄

Be a helluva lot nicer if DE would set up trade chat to strictly show compatible systems and settings.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Victini24 said:

A while back, I tried to trade with a fellow Xbox player only to receive an error message because I didn't have cross-save enabled. But after reading the sites Cross-Platform Save Guide, it states that a Cross-save account refers to two accounts that have undergone linking or merging.

But I only have an Xbox account. I don't have any other accounts to merge or link with. So, as far as I'm aware, I have absolutely no way of enabling Cross-save. So, is this just going to be a problem for me (Only being able to trade with an ever decreasing pool of players) or is there something I'm just missing? 

i'm in the same boat and wondering as well.

I believe that if you don't plan to merge any other accounts, just simply enable "Cross-Play" in your options.  That will enable you to trade with other people who have Cross-Play enabled.  You don't have to link or merge or anything.  You just keep doing everyone you're currently doing on your Xbox, except you trade with people who have turned on Cross-Play.

Alternatively, if you want to fully cross-play and have a PC as well as an Xbox, you can create a PC account make your XBox account your primary account and merge the newly created PC account into your Xbox account and then you'll be able to play the same account with all the same stuff on two different machines.

I was able to get in on the account merge before it was temporarily paused and now I'm able to play Warframe on Xbox, PC, and even on my MacBook Pro and whatever progress/changes I made on one system is there waiting for me when I log in on the another system later.  For me, there was really no drawbacks to enabling Cross-Play and using Cross-Save.

On 2024-01-04 at 2:18 AM, Anonymouse7611 said:

I believe that if you don't plan to merge any other accounts, just simply enable "Cross-Play" in your options.  That will enable you to trade with other people who have Cross-Play enabled.  You don't have to link or merge or anything.  You just keep doing everyone you're currently doing on your Xbox, except you trade with people who have turned on Cross-Play.

Alternatively, if you want to fully cross-play and have a PC as well as an Xbox, you can create a PC account make your XBox account your primary account and merge the newly created PC account into your Xbox account and then you'll be able to play the same account with all the same stuff on two different machines.

I was able to get in on the account merge before it was temporarily paused and now I'm able to play Warframe on Xbox, PC, and even on my MacBook Pro and whatever progress/changes I made on one system is there waiting for me when I log in on the another system later.  For me, there was really no drawbacks to enabling Cross-Play and using Cross-Save.

I wish I knew it sooner, Sad to start my year without being able to play it :( but I understand

On 2024-01-04 at 12:18 AM, Anonymouse7611 said:

believe that if you don't plan to merge any other accounts, just simply enable "Cross-Play" in your options.  T

no - us cross-save people can only trade with others that have also enabled cross save (and MAYBE pc-only players, not sure about that)
My son on xbox  (and other clanmates) are all cross-PLAY but not cross-save enabled, and I can't trade with any of them.   I can play from pc with them on xbox, and they can play with anyone who is cross-play but can only trade with non-cross-save xbox accounts.

Edited by tucker_d_dawg