The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Stuck on Menu Screens

ViridianFoxxo

Not so much in missions, but in my dojo and especially in my orbiter I've been getting stuck on the pause menu or other menus. The cursor will hover move and hover over the buttons to interact but nothing happens and I can't leave the menu. Besides main menu, I've had it occur on the foundry as well where I can't interact in the menu nor leave it. Playing on pc, I normally used a wired controller connected to pc, but using it or the normal mouse and keyboard cannot get me out of the menu. Normally have to force close the game and relaunch it.

• 1 month later...

I can confirm it's still happening. In the last two days it's happened to me 2 of the 3    3 out of 4 times I've used my controller to access the inventory and then tried to search (keyboard obviously). When stuck cursor can be moved via mouse and controller, UI buttons respond graphically when moused over, but interacting is impossible using controller or keyboard. Force quitting is the only option. 

(Note: I believe DE thought this was fixed with one of the last hotfixes, but it appears to have been a partial fix. Haven't had an issue in the mod config screen since the hotfix, but the inventory issue is definitely still alive.)

Intel i7 9700k
ASUS Prime Z390-P
Win 11
Nvidia GTX 1060

Edited by Zorp_the_Surveyor

• 1 month later...

I have this issue constantly and it's definitely tied to swapping between controller and M/K inputs. I have an xbox controller with the paddles installed and configured to the shoulder buttons, and since I often leave the controller resting on my leg when I swap to M/K, sometimes the paddles will activate and cause it to shift between the two control methods.

You can escape the foundry by pressing the menu button, but other UI such as the "turn in X for standing" screens require a hard reset.

• 3 months later...

Still have same problem but when I am trying to equip my amp menu gets stuck.

any update about this ? I made ticket for DE. more than 6 month is passed away but they still don't have fixed this problem, from last response 3 months is gone.