Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Changing username break settings

Profit_Maker

Changed my username and now my settings are ruined, they are still at the proper value in the settings menu but none applies.
Restarted game 3 times in hope it would fix itself but bad code doesn't fix itself.

• How can this bug be reproduced?
    • Change name
    • Change HUD size, won't work. Or any settings for that matter. Settings are not affecting the "new" account name.
  • What was happening before the issue started?
    Settings worked before I changed username.
  • Can you provide your build and game settings?
    Irrelevant
  • What kind of squad were you in? Solo, host, client?
    Irrelevant
  • Can you share any images or a video of the bug
    Irrelevant
  • Making sure the issue still occurs in the game's current version is important so that we can be sure we aren't chasing old issues.
    Just happened, also happened to this guy

Note : I'm a dev.
    Thought it meant the settings are linked to account username instead of account ID... And the settings doesn't change username when you change username.
    Did some verifications it seems like you an encrypted folder with a UUID and settings file (also encrypted) inside.
    Somehow it made a new settings folder/&file but did not clone them over and/or did not stop using the previous one.
    So I manually moved the settings file to the new folder and deleted the old one then everything was working again.
    It might be due to the fact my game was not installed in its original location. Either way now my issue is fixed but the bug is still present.
    Wish I could fix it myself but I don't work at DE.
Edited by Profit_Maker
precision