Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ingame settings reset after username change

Mixnek

5 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

As designed. If there were multiple people with different names playing on the same PC, they'd all need to have their own settings that are custom to them.

No it's not. Settings aren't tied to the username, but to the account. Different accounts (players) on the same PC have each their own settings saved as accounts.

I'm reporting that my settings got restored to default after paying to get my username (nick name) changed. It's still the same account.

Why do you need to be the "report police" if you don't understand the report is beyond me.

Your graphics and key settings are stored on the local PC because playing on a different PC at a friend's house with a different graphics card and memory might need different settings to run properly. This is completely separate from your account settings on a server that keep your equipment and currency information.

If your friend comes over to your PC and logs on with a different username, they'll have their own settings because they might play with different keybindings and it would be super annoying for you two to be switching the keybinds back and forth if you were sharing a PC for a while.

When you logged onto Warframe on your PC using a different username, for all your launcher knew, it was a friend coming over to play on your PC, so it created a new default settings file for what looked like a new user.

Why do you need to fly off the handle and be toxic because you don't understand how things work?

35 minutes ago, Mixnek said:

Everything you said is wrong and you don't understand the difference between username and account nor do you understand what I reported in the first place.

Even more, it's non of your concern. 

People are allowed to concern themselves with what you say as soon as you post it.

Did you get any error messages it-game after you changed your name? That could have caused the issue if you did. The settings file only shows an email address, so changing your account name shouldn’t make a difference.

• Crashes can cause it to reset. As can accidentally hitting the wrong button.

Archived