The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Account merge feedback

PrettyOdd

Capture.png

I'm copy/pasting my response to this ticket here just to make sure someone actually gets the feedback instead of it potentially heading into a dumpster:

Consider me incredibly disappointed with this feature rollout then. It feels like I'm being punished for actively supporting the game.

Why should I even bother linking accounts when the feature would actively wipe out one of the two accounts I've poured thousands of hours and money into? 

and I can't merge them because I participated in a feature rollout with no possibility of knowing how it would punish me 5 years in the future? And there's no way to rectify whatsoever? Not overwriting the switch accounts inventory with the account that's been used considerably more? No method of straight up deleting the switch account so that duplicate items wouldn't be an issue?

Just gonna go with "we posted a notice at the last second" and call it a day?

This feature might as well not even exist for [all] I care at this point.

My prose kinda sucks but I'm pretty upset and was on mobile when I typed it :P

Update: Well I kinda said f*ck it and mu
lti-verse'd myself, so I guess I can now recreate the spiderman meme.
image.png?ex=65bbe7b2&is=65a972b2&hm=63a

My apologies for not having the patience to hold out, but this whole thing upsets me too much to just let it fester over time. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the rest of y'all, gonna go obsess over the new Granblue Fantasy game while my frustration simmers away.

Edited by PrettyOdd
  • Like 7

Yeah, it's pretty understandable why someone would be upset over this.

There was no indication given for a long time that Cross-Save would be eventually pursued, and thus: it was impossible to prepare for this situation. It's certainly unfair.

The ticket very specifically states: "-it is not eligible for this iteration of a one-time account merge", so it's possible that DE will revisit those that are in this situation in the future. I guess all you can do for now is hold out hope for that?

I'd like to think that with enough people advocating for it, DE would consider it worth visiting. They did with what Cross-Save currently is.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Ar-takka said:

Yeah, it's pretty understandable why someone would be upset over this.

There was no indication given for a long time that Cross-Save would be eventually pursued, and thus: it was impossible to prepare for this situation. It's certainly unfair.

The ticket very specifically states: "-it is not eligible for this iteration of a one-time account merge", so it's possible that DE will revisit those that are in this situation in the future. I guess all you can do for now is hold out hope for that?

I'd like to think that with enough people advocating for it, DE would consider it worth visiting. They did with what Cross-Save currently is.

One can only hope. This issue is due to the fact that no one was warned that account migration would affect cross save merge eligibility.

its like warning someone that there is a speed-bump on the road after they already passed it, which feels a little backwards in my opinion.

Edited by MinimumWageMage
Clarification.
  • Like 6

I worry with each passing day they're going to approach it with "well it won't be fair to those that committed to linking since merging wasn't an option to them"

• Like 2

17 hours ago, .2B. said:

I worry with each passing day they're going to approach it with "well it won't be fair to those that committed to linking since merging wasn't an option to them"

This has also crossed my mind. I could absolutely see this happening at this point.

On 1/18/2024 at 9:15 AM, PrettyOdd said:

Capture.png

I'm copy/pasting my response to this ticket here just to make sure someone actually gets the feedback instead of it potentially heading into a dumpster:

My prose kinda sucks but I'm pretty upset and was on mobile when I typed it :P

Update: Well I kinda said f*ck it and mu
lti-verse'd myself, so I guess I can now recreate the spiderman meme.
image.png?ex=65bbe7b2&is=65a972b2&hm=63a

My apologies for not having the patience to hold out, but this whole thing upsets me too much to just let it fester over time. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the rest of y'all, gonna go obsess over the new Granblue Fantasy game while my frustration simmers away.

Genuinely curious, can you trade between those 3 accounts now that they’re cross save?