Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I can't call out the chat interface

Bl4ckmach1ne

I can't bring out the chat screen after entering the game, pressing Enter can't bring out the chat interface. And I don't hear any tones when people send me message. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it was still the same. Please tell me how to fix this bug.

• Like 3

I'm also having this issue on PC. Logged in and can't access the chat box. I know it worked on monday, but it isn't working today for some reason.
Out of curiosity, did you merge accounts with cross-save being launched again? Because I Merged accounts before the holiday break, so I'm just seeing if maybe this is an unintended bug that surfaced with a cross save fix or change..

• Like 1

well if you missing the chatinterface, than you are not alone. i have the same issuse. happend just out of nothing. i logged in like every day and it was gone. relog didndt fix anything to.

probably some bug with the new hotfix.

Edited by MCNacho

Cross-posting here cause it's relevant: 

Are y'all using custom keybinds for chat, or could you provide more info? It works just fine for me in all areas with the default binding of "T", so something specifically is causing it but without more info it's hard to say what.

1小时前 , Naroxas44 说:

Cross-posting here cause it's relevant: 

Are y'all using custom keybinds for chat, or could you provide more info? It works just fine for me in all areas with the default binding of "T", so something specifically is causing it but without more info it's hard to say what.

I changed the custom keybinds, my chat button is Enter. Are you DE official officer?

56 minutes ago, Bl4ckmach1ne said:

Are you DE official officer?

If I was, I'd have [DE] next to my name. I'm just trying to help figure out what the issue is and potential solutions for it, because I like to help fellow players when I can. This game has enough bugs as is, and if finding out what causes one or solutions to it can help anyone then I'm happy to, but more info is needed for this one tbh.

Can't Activate chat, cant rebind keys, and i use a controller on PC. Heres a screenshot without the active chat because i cant activate the chat window at all.

Also, i logged in on my Xbox as well, and chat was still missing, so i think it is somehow linked to the account and not to the game itself.image.png?ex=65bed3c8&is=65ac5ec8&hm=ea7

10 minutes ago, Cerxen said:

i think it is somehow linked to the account and not to the game itself

I'm not sure how that would even be possible (it's just an IRC chat connection), but did you use cross-save recently? Maybe it gets confused what the username should be or something bizarre and just never loads the chat UI as a result, would be my best guess, but that's really odd.

12 minutes ago, Cerxen said:

cant rebind keys, and i use a controller on PC

Is there any reason they can't be rebound? As in, if you temporarily hook up like a keyboard and default them, does it work then or no? I know controller usually has binding limitations but Steam can usually handle those too, if the game doesn't let you.

2024/1/19 PM4点42分 , ivan831 说:

I have the same issuse, reinstall cant fix it.

Please tell me how to fix it.

My chat interface just work today, but one of my friends who also lost the chat still losing.

1分钟前 , ivan831 说:

My chat interface just work today, but one of my friends who also lost the chat still losing.

He said the chat interface is work just now. Problems Solved~~

Post here seems to claim it's related to clan / alliance message of the day having special characters - could anyone having this issue test if that's the case, and if changing that fixes the issue with the chat box not appearing?

10 hours ago, Naroxas44 said:

Post here seems to claim it's related to clan / alliance message of the day having special characters - could anyone having this issue test if that's the case, and if changing that fixes the issue with the chat box not appearing?

This was the issue for me.  I changed the message of the day for the clan I am in and restarted. All the problems from the Gauss Prime patch related to UI instantly disappeared. Talk to your clan leaders/admins in order to remove anything but alpha-numerics and basic punctuation for the time being.