Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

RESOLVED - Kahl veilbreaker sneaky sabatage - symbols dont match on veil machine

cretu0

On Kahl's veilbreaker sneaky sabatage - symbols dont match on veil machine. So the mission cannot be completed.

I waited a week for reset to see if that would change anything, same issue

Edited by cretu0
RESOLVED

11 минут назад, cretu0 сказал:

On Kahl's veilbreaker sneaky sabatage - symbols dont match on veil machine. So the mission cannot be completed.

I waited a week for reset to see if that would change anything, same issue

That's impossible.

There are only 4 glyphs: T-shaped, O-shaped, A-shaped and W-shaped.

All 4 locks on the veil machine have those glyphs. And the same glyphs are hidden as clues around it.

If you can't solve this puzzle it only means you're just not good at solving it.

Record a video of your attempt to solve this puzzle and I'll point at what exactly you're doing wrong.

Or watch one of may walkthroughs available on YouTube: 

Edited by Tesla_Reloaded

7 минут назад, cretu0 сказал:

You're right, its impossible for games to have bugs 🤪

Not sure if these links will work (screenshots):

https://ibb.co/kB6Myc1
https://ibb.co/4pRFGgd

That's why I asked for a video. The screenshots just show 2 of 4 possible glyphs. It doesn't show the bug, only shows that you can select those 2 glyphs. Maybe your mouse is just broken and does 2 clicks instead of 1 when you press LMB? That'd explain why you can't select other glyphs. But screenshots can't show it, only a video can.

Edited by Tesla_Reloaded

Wish it was as simple as my mouse being broken. Each glyph only has 2 to choose from. I will try and take a video.

What i was showing in the screenshots were the only 2 glyphs that i could choose from.

thanks though

26 минут назад, cretu0 сказал:

Wish it was as simple as my mouse being broken. Each glyph only has 2 to choose from. I will try and take a video.

What i was showing in the screenshots were the only 2 glyphs that i could choose from.

thanks though

I also recommend you to perform the game cache optimization and verification, it can be done in the launcher settings.

I have a freshly installed windows (and game of course). I will eventually try that but this is evidently a game bug.

Also, definitely not a mouse issue, as i tried with a controller also.

Heres the video (still uploading so currently bad quality but should be enough to see the issue).

Not a big deal if i cannot complete it. I am not the only one with this issue so I am sure they will eventually fix it (reddit link, zero replies so maybe there arent many with this issue lol):

I do appreciate the help/suggestions

Edited by cretu0

10 часов назад, cretu0 сказал:

Heres the video (still uploading so currently bad quality but should be enough to see the issue).

That's really weird, especially since the bug is easily reproducible on your side. If that was a global bug everyone should be experiencing it. But for some reason only you and the other person from Reddit had it. I've never seen other reports of this bug.

I think something is wrong with your game's files. I really suggest to verify and optimize your cache files, even if you just installed the game.

As you can see when you swap through the glyphs sometimes they all flash. That might be a sign that you've selected the correct glyph, at least the game logic thinks so, while the visual asset is wrong (due to the file corruption). You can try to swap through the glyphs slowly, stopping right after you notice the flash and then try to activate the machine itself, even if visually the glyphs are incorrect.

I’ll start by verifying the files. And if that doesn’t work, I’ll fully reinstall the game. I do agree it seems to be a rare case. 

Will update with results!

😔 soooo i figured it out. after reinstalling, and verifying files (which didnt change anything)

turns out, my custom control scheme is the cause... SMH

really didnt think it would be something like that, since it allows my custom control setup without issue!

Thank you for all your suggestions and help btw!

Is there a way to mark this feed as resolved?

Edited by cretu0

6 минут назад, cretu0 сказал:

😔 soooo i figured it out. after reinstalling, and verifying files (which didnt change anything)

turns out, my custom control scheme is the cause... SMH

really didnt think it would be something like that, since it allows my custom control setup without issue!

Thank you for all your suggestions and help btw!

Is there a way to mark this feed as resolved?

Glad you found the solution! And good that you share it here, might help other people who face this issue.

To mark your topic as resolved just edit the first post and change the topic name by adding "RESOLVED" or something like it to it.

• cretu0 changed the title to RESOLVED - Kahl veilbreaker sneaky sabatage - symbols dont match on veil machine
  • 2 months later...
4 часа назад, Parcialsobriedad сказал:

Bump ,bug is back.

As this topic showed there's no bug. The problem is caused by input errors on the user side. Check your control scheme, check your input devices (mouse, gamepad, whatever you use).

9 hours ago, Tesla_Reloaded said:

As this topic showed there's no bug. The problem is caused by input errors on the user side. Check your control scheme, check your input devices (mouse, gamepad, whatever you use).

I dont have a custom control scheme (whatever that means) , i have vainilla mouse keyboard controls with some added keybinds, Left click works correctly. 

Edit:Ah so it was the AlecaFrame overlay because of course it would. It does not cause double click issues anywhere else but here it does.

2nd edit it was not alecaframe its warframe, still bugged out

Edited by Parcialsobriedad