The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eclipse Feedback Megathread

[DE]Juice

Get rid of the damage reduction buff in darkness. In higher levels success is more reliant on dps than survivability for most warframes, and Mirage is a light warframe. Shields Rework exist with Adeptation to help with surviving higher level missions including steel path missions. Also abilities based on darkness is off theme for her. I wouldn't mind a rework for eclispe as well to justify it as a helmith ability.

Edited by (PSN)waterdog77

Toggle would be ok, but I would make sure that it gets some kind of conditional in place that would let it still keep its power in general. Just making it a buff you can just turn on whenever at the numbers/strength it has would just make it eclipse(heh) pretty much everything, by a lot.

The pillars of light is a nice idea, as it keeps the concept of positioning for damage or defense. Any other idea that reflects positioning would work too.

Fix level lighting on all tilesets, and let players git gud. Kekw. I think Eclipse is a very creative move. And having to stand in light or shadows adds to the difficulty level for the player to use its powerful upsides. Giving people the option to flick it like a lightswitch feels just too easy.

Tap//Hold seems the easiest, the idea of playing with was never fun for me, especially in open worlds where you don't really have a choice over lighting conditions. Could Also make it so you get a fixed buff after casting for X seconds, so you can choose to stand in light/dark and casting the buff will probe the light around and give yo a fix buff for the duration. There could be a new 'light' gauge on display at all times to indicate what buff you'll get once you cast the ability.

Also, why isn't mirage's Helmith buff nerfed as Rhino's Roar? It should be cut by 50% and that would balance it in my opinion.

Mirage main here for 5 years and on going, while the light and dark effectiveness was a nice feature, in the current day and age with the lighting updates, eclipse has became far too unreliable and inconsistent as an ability to exist in the current meta. 

Reworking the ability is an option i think is too drastic given how well eclipse synergizes with her kit

fixing the lighting for the ability would be a neat change would be abit much in terms of labor for something that I believe doesnt need an extensive rework

Making the ability toggleable would be the BEST option in my opinion as it makes mirage's survivability more reliable with being able to use damage redurction all the time or permamant damage buff. Granted that would require a nerf to the helminth version, but i consider it a benefit for the frame who had and needs the bility first over any other.

I vote for toggle!

Tap/hold would make the ability much more consistent and pleasant to use. Nerfing the Helminth version makes sense, could also nerf Eclipse in general and give Mirage specifically a synergy to buff it to current levels.

Make Damage reduction scale with duration and keep light buff change ability into double tap single tap active damage buff double tap u get damage reduction for helmeth make it ability cost less energy with decent ability effectiveness 

I think that if you change to tap/hold would be nice and should be able to get both buffs simultaneously. If given the option for mirage people are only going for a damage buff from a damage frame.

I would suggest neither fix lighting or rework the ability. I suggest including the damage buff in her passive and give a CC ability that interacts with her 4th ablitity. maybe like octavia mallet.

• Like 1

I Propose: make the ability a hold/toggle, but make the helminth version only allow one version at a time based on your emmissive, reusing the logic of chroma's ward selection and equinox's default form. reducing the usability to just bonus damage or bonus DR when on the helminth would be the ideal fix, especially if the damage was capped to, say +100%.

• Like 2

My stupid ideas.

1. Fix it, for future proofing any other illumination based abilities, enemies, mechanics
2. Make Eclipse a tap/hold ability. You toggle the effect on/off by holding it, and with a tap it scans surroundings and highlights "dark" and "light" (not necessary illumination) zones around you for a few seconds
3. Both

Edited by RusStarik
  • Like 3