Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eclipse Feedback Megathread

[DE]Juice

Making it more reliable in some way (tap/hold, etc) sounds wonders because it opens the door for synergies: you could add small interactions between Eclipse and the rest of Mirage's kit so it would balance out for her while limiting the Helminth version's power.

• Like 1

A toggle would be brilliant as it would save some dev time having to dive into the graphics code every time you make a new area that has lighting that could cause issues (plains/maps with fluctuating light) :D

Make it a toggle effect. It’s frankly the only way to fix its consistency issues.

could we get another slot in the mods for augments and/ or make all augments exelus mods? With all the augments now in game along with how some are required on some abilities it would greatly increase the use of augments along with builds for said frames.

also could you rework Chroma next and actually play up the fact he’s a dragon mixing a caster gameplay with a gunslinger.

I would also greatly appreciate a clean up of Titania’s kit as well. Mainly put her two as her passive gaining them on ability cast and cleaning up her 1, making her three actually useful by making it a projectile rather than a copy of her 1 and make diwata more powerful.

Edited by Ryalkos

If rebalancing the helminth is really needed for making it a toggle, it would feel better to make both bonus overlap.
Currently the dmg bonus starts where the dmg reduction stops, why not make it so that on the darkest/brighest it gives the normal bonuses, and at medium light it gives half the bonus of either, instead of almost zero for both.

• Like 1

Spawning light beams that you have to stand in is a bad mechanic for a squishy glass cannon that needs to always be moving and using rolling guard.

Channeled toggle is bad because as a glass cannon, you want to built max strength, low efficiency so you need to be regenerating your energy through the buff duration so you can rebuff after duration ends.

Tap/Hold for power/defense is best. This avoids the above 2 problems and also opens build paths for mirage with varying spectrum of powerhouse vs tanky/evasive or something in between.

Also we don't have a damage reduction helminth yet so it can serve as a helminth alternative to adaptation. Frames with poor survivability can use eclipse + adaptation to get more survival option. The damage buff will be nerfed due to reliability boost but the damage reduction buff can just be reduced to maybe 65% max affected by strength so you can get 90% reduction with 144% strength.

While I'm here:

Remove 2 shot limit on tenet diplos
Remove silver/gold arcane from netracell. We need more shards for all this fusion. 2 for mix, 4 for tau, 8 for mix tau. Need only shards and white melee arcane

Edited by Redrigoth
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, [DE]Juice said:

Hello Tenno!

As you may have seen in Devstream #176, we are looking at ways to change Mirage’s Eclipse ability (and related Helminth ability). To briefly recap the Devstream, we see consistent functionality issues with Eclipse in various in-game environments, as well as situations where Eclipse is unreliable.

First, Eclipse does not function correctly in every area of the game. In Open Zone content, it always acts as though it is in maximum light, even when it is nighttime. In Albrecht’s Laboratories, it always acts as though it is night, preventing Tenno from using the light portion of the ability. Here's what that looks like in practice:

Eclipse in Open World - Always Light

Eclipse in Albrecht's Laboratories - Always Dark

Second, Eclipse’s reliability is due to the boost being reliant on the area’s lighting, which means taking a step to the side could cut Eclipse’s boost in half. This can make it difficult to properly utilize shadow’s damage reduction. Here's an example of what we're talking about - even a few steps may switch Eclipse from dark to light.

We’re coming to you for your feedback because we see a few paths forward, and we would like your input on our current ideations for Eclipse.

• We can fix the locations it doesn’t work correctly in (like Albrecht’s Laboratories and Open Zone areas) but leave everything else the same - including its unpredictability when moving. This would require extensive work to fix as it ties into our new lighting system but would allow Eclipse to work in these areas and any future environments.
  • We can change Eclipse to work more reliably, but may need to reduce its effectiveness when used as a Helminth ability by reducing its power, duration, or other factors.
    • Eclipse is already the 2nd most popular Helminth ability, so removing its main barrier to entry (reliability) would mean a rebalance is in order. This effectiveness reduction would not affect the ability for Mirage, only when applied from the Helminth.
  • We can redesign the ability, so it works on the same general theme but functionally is different. For example, it could spawn beams of light nearby - standing in them provides the light boost, while standing out of them provides the shadow boost.
  • Suggestions! We are open to unique suggestions from Tenno on this as well!

Please leave your feedback below. We’ll be reading it from the shadows (but also sometimes from the light)!

Thank you Tenno!

Tap to receive damage buff, hold to receive damage reduction.

Personally I'd love to see a newer take on the ability. I think it's kinda bland for a frame as flashy as Mirage. I know that people enjoy it's strength and simplicity, but giving Mirage an ability that's much more "her" would give the frame a lot more in terms of her fantasy.

• Like 2

recastable tap/hold:

1. I tap i get the damage buff with full modded duration.

2. during the above buff I can opt to hold cast to switch to dmg reduction buff.

2 options would be i can either swap to dmg reduction with remaining duration available from first cast only but without an extra casting cost, or I can refresh the duration with full casting cost.

We can redesign the ability, so it works on the same general theme but functionally is different. For example, it could spawn beams of light nearby - standing in them provides the light boost, while standing out of them provides the shadow boost.

I propose this, but rather do something akin to where you can do a toggle on Mirage herself,, similar to Equinox to where when you toggle Light mode, it gives Mirage a "Light Aura" of light within a set range, that then triggers the light version, likewise when you toggle it to Night, you get a "Dark Aura" that lasts for a certain duratiation,
  • Now then, when you helminth it, you just add in a "reduced effect" on the Auras.

This way, Mirage will be mobile and less clunky to play

Toggle would be great.

I suppose removing the ability from Helminth wouldn't be viable? If Helminth balance is too hard, maybe make Hall of Mirrors the Helminth ability instead of Eclipse?