Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How much damage does Wukong's Clone actually do?

VENDOMINUS

Just now, (PSN)lord_makino234 said:

Ok ok if I have my galvanized mods built up I 2 shot a corpus and my clone kills him in 10 to 12 bullets is he 50% or much lower give me the accurate number then 🗿

You are the one making the argument. It is on you to use accurate numbers if that's what you are trying to do. It isn't on me or anyone else to provide the numbers for your argument.

I sure as heck don't know the actual numbers because there are way too many variables to calculate (weapon type, element ratio, damage reduction, number of targets, status, rate of fire, accuracy etc etc etc).

It's silly to try and crunch those numbers. We all know it is a drop in dps if you are comparing galvanized buffs to no galvanized buffs... less numbers means less numbers.

38 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Of course it affects dps, but we shouldn't go around claiming it's some arbitrary percentages when all we are really saying is there is a significant decrease in dps with galvanized mods.

But the guy is not factoring important information then throwing out percentages. People will read these percentages then get all mixed up because the actual change in dps is not what they are suggesting. 

I'm annoyed for sure. Because people like you throw out percentages without knowing what they are saying, which can get people all confused.

You aren't wrong about galvanized mods dropping the dps (in case-dependent scenarios) but you are throwing around random percentages to try and reinforce your point without the actual numbers to back it up. 

It's like saying, "man, milk is way more expensive today than it was last year. It's gone up like 82%!" Without actually doing the math in an attempt to illustrate the severity of the increase rather than the actual increased value itself. Numbers/percentages are not adjectives one uses to illustrate the magnitude of a thing.

Hyperboles am I right?

Anyways, I think we all got the gosh of what each other was trying to say. Along with whether or not we should exaggerate percentages. 

Friends, I did my tests while having 0 stacks from kill every time. It's not really important how much damage the clone does over the length of the mission, since that depends on many factors that are impossible to make a standard damage % from (including how good you are and killing everything in a 360 degrees around you and your Sentinel doing 2.-20 times more damage than your clone). For repeatable tests the Similacrum seems like the best place since you can control the enemies and your own buffs(or lack there of).

My previous questions are still in the air for grabs.

1.So I was wondering can someone tell me how much damage does the clone actually do?

2.Does it take into account enemy armor reduced by corrosive stacks?

3.Does it's statuses deal damage and how much?

4.How inaccurate is he really. When I give him a machinegun he fires at almost a 45% angle away from the enemy

5.Should they change his description to reflect his true worth (from 3x damage to 0.05x to damage)? - From my testing the 3x multiplier does indeed only affect the marked target and the damage is about right. It doesn't affect the chained or aoe-ed mobs. So the answer to this question is "No".

The point of everything is to come to a conclusion of the skill us of any use in terms of damage for high end content (or high SP). Even if the clone doesn't really do good damage, he still acts as a decoy for the 5 seconds that he lives.

2 minutes ago, VENDOMINUS said:

1.So I was wondering can someone tell me how much damage does the clone actually do?

I can answer that one thankfully. Make a build on Overframe, turn off apply conditionals (which is where all of the galvanized and Arcanes occur) Then multiple the average hit (or dps) by whatever the multiplier of your Wuclone does. That would find the average damage of your Wuclone.

5 minutes ago, VENDOMINUS said:

Does it take into account enemy armor reduced by corrosive stacks?

Much like most (if not all) sources of weapons/abilities damage it does, it does indeed benefit from corrosive. 

6 minutes ago, VENDOMINUS said:

Does it's statuses deal damage and how much?

You mean bleed? It should do normal damage in regards to the first question. This isn’t including galvanized aptitude kind of status, as it’s conditional, but it would operate normal following the guidelines I mentioned previously. 

7 minutes ago, VENDOMINUS said:

How inaccurate is he really. When I give him a machinegun he fires at almost a 45% angle away from the enemy

This is completely up to the AI. It can hit every shot consistently, or it can just stand in front of a wall. They did tone down the amount of aimbot the Spector has, but you barely notice. It does it’s part

your SP modifier is off xD. Also we're pretty much talking only about ranged weapons here.

8 minutes ago, Aruquae said:

You mean bleed? It should do normal damage in regards to the first question. This isn’t including galvanized aptitude kind of status, as it’s conditional, but it would operate normal following the guidelines I mentioned previously. 

From what I saw when testing his statuses seem to disappear a lot quicker than normal

Edited by VENDOMINUS

1 minute ago, VENDOMINUS said:

your SP modifier is off xD.

From what I saw when testing his statuses seem to disappear a lot quicker than normal

This would make sense tbh. Status stacks only stay if you’re constantly applying it, but that doesn’t mean it refreshes the timer. It just adds another stack with a separate timer. If Wuclone isn’t adding enough stacks (which can contribute with galvanized aptitude), then it they’ll disappear “faster.”