The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is it saying "merge" when it's not?

Cross-save took so long so I started a new account on pc. Got some DLC's as a gift from my gf, had around 2400 platinum on the new account. Then cross-save arrived as I waited for and linked my pc account (new 2023 - MR 5) to psn account (Old 2014 - MR 11) and set psn as primary.

Since it said merge, I thought it would merge my stuff like warframes, weapons, platinum etc. but when I did, I ended up with 28 platinum and pretty much just overrided my psn account to my pc account. NOT MERGED, cause that's a different thing which did not happen...

I don't know about this to be honest, seems to me like I lost everything on the new account except the name...

• Like 1

"linked my pc account (new 2023 - MR 5) to psn account (Old 2014 - MR 11) and set psn as primary."

You linked your accounts, you did not merge them. You have to merge them to keep all the progress from both accounts. Also, if the account was made after November 23rd, 2023, it CANNOT be merged, only linked. If you made it before November 23rd, [DE] May be able to help you via a support ticket. If it was made after, you're simply out of luck. Everyone was warned multiple times that accounts made after November 23rd would not be able to merge.

• Like 1

If you could merge it automatically would have given you that by default so clearly your PC account was created after the cutoff outlined in the documentation as Nimisha said. You will now have to contact support and they should be able to undo the account link so you can get your PS account back. Then you can redo the link and pick your PS account as primary, which will overwrite the PC account instead (not much to lose there). 

If you link any additional platforms afterwards be sure to always pick the account with the most progress as primary (after the first link it will show as a PC account). 

On 2024-02-03 at 5:31 PM, devoltar said:

If you could merge it automatically would have given you that by default so clearly your PC account was created after the cutoff outlined in the documentation as Nimisha said. You will now have to contact support and they should be able to undo the account link so you can get your PS account back. Then you can redo the link and pick your PS account as primary, which will overwrite the PC account instead (not much to lose there). 

If you link any additional platforms afterwards be sure to always pick the account with the most progress as primary (after the first link it will show as a PC account). 

so since the pc account was made in december everything is gone except psn progress?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2024-02-05 at 5:51 AM, DXRK.DRAUGR said:

so since the pc account was made in december everything is gone except psn progress?

If you haven't linked any other accounts to it, [DE] might be able to reset you, but you WILL lose progress. They'd go back to the last recorded save from before you cross saved. At this point, that's going to be a solid minute. After that, you could link properly. But even then, it's not a guarantee. Your best bet is contact support and hope.