The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A notification an a timer for chat ban.

MK_Ultra_Agent_X

Been chat banned for 3 days now, and i contacted support on the issue with no help at all, they couldn't give me a time limit. Haven't played in 3 days cuz I can't use trade nor recruit chat or clan an alliance. Kinda stupid if the incident happened in region an I get banned from everything. An I will not play till the ban is lifted. I hope they can upgrade chat with AI that can tell the difference between someone asking not to use a term to some one using it. The funny things out it is I've seen so many people use the term but they don't get banned for it. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MK_Ultra_Agent_X said:

I hope they can upgrade chat with AI that can tell the difference between someone asking not to use a term to some one using it.

Given it's quite difficult for LLMs to determine stuff like sarcasm or intent, I don't see this happening any time soon. I would just not use a term in region chat if you're worried it could be misinterpreted. Other chats should be fine as they don't have any detection like that, given the other parties in said chats are OK with the discussion.

• Like 1

As a older gamer, I don't know how that all works I just assumed AI is smarter then most humans. But I can see the issue with it. So in your opinion when I see others using the term should I report them? I appreciate the info. An I do hope DE can least make a ban timer. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MK_Ultra_Agent_X said:

I don't know how that all works I just assumed AI is smarter then most humans.

True AI doesn't exist, what is currently commonly understood as AI is just a more advanced version of autocorrect. It gives you text that, according to it's large database, looks like it would make sense following your question, without any understanding at all.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MK_Ultra_Agent_X said:

So in your opinion when I see others using the term should I report them? I appreciate the info. An I do hope DE can least make a ban timer.

A timer would be nice for informational purposes yeah. It's context dependent so, it's tricky to say - if you see some dudes calling each other stupid or something they could just be friends poking fun at one another, or they could just be toxic; it's difficult to say. I tend to just let chat moderation handle region chat, if I even look at it at all. This game isn't super social heavy, most of the public missions I do with others no one says anything in chat at all, or might say like one or two things. It's very drop-in / drop-out with most players kind of doing their own thing, while still working together on the mission objectives.

• Like 2

Got ban in chat at 27 july 2023. And still banned. Just one salty joke about illegal relations between to old Inaros and to young Wisp XD Can`t contact support cause zendesk site banned in my country. So, i just have no idea about causes and duration of this ban. Over 6 months, it looks like permanent, but i sure i did nothing criminal to so strictly punishment=\ All what i know it is "You acess to in-game chat has been suspended". Well, it`ll be pretty good to know, i banned for how much time, even if forever=\

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Traumtulpe said:

True AI doesn't exist, what is currently commonly understood as AI is just a more advanced version of autocorrect. It gives you text that, according to it's large database, looks like it would make sense following your question, without any understanding at all.

I really appreciate the information. Now I kinda understand how AI works now. It's crazy how much has changed in technology since the 80's Learn something new everyday lol.

Just learned how to quote post as well

1 hour ago, Naroxas44 said:

A timer would be nice for informational purposes yeah. It's context dependent so, it's tricky to say - if you see some dudes calling each other stupid or something they could just be friends poking fun at one another, or they could just be toxic; it's difficult to say. I tend to just let chat moderation handle region chat, if I even look at it at all. This game isn't super social heavy, most of the public missions I do with others no one says anything in chat at all, or might say like one or two things. It's very drop-in / drop-out with most players kind of doing their own thing, while still working together on the mission objectives.

Yea I tend to get kicked out of joining random missions 90% of the time it seems like. Don't know if it's because I play on Xbox One S, or my Internet which isn't the greatest but the best I can get in my area of America. But using recruiting an clan an alliance chat help alleviate the kick outs that I'm plagued with. 

46 minutes ago, DstroyR_Prime said:

Got ban in chat at 27 july 2023. And still banned. Just one salty joke about illegal relations between to old Inaros and to young Wisp XD Can`t contact support cause zendesk site banned in my country. So, i just have no idea about causes and duration of this ban. Over 6 months, it looks like permanent, but i sure i did nothing criminal to so strictly punishment=\ All what i know it is "You acess to in-game chat has been suspended". Well, it`ll be pretty good to know, i banned for how much time, even if forever=\

Wow, that's crazy. Don't know much about VPN an if that could help you with contacting support. Seeing your issue is way worse then mine, the ban timer would help a lot in these issues. I do hope you get unbanned. 

• Like 1