The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Defense Missions Stephano (Uranus); pls no more

BratwurstBob

As I'm writing this as the current Arbitration is a Defense mission at Stephanos. And this node is being used for many other missions, like relics. In my experience the map is loathed by many, and any idea of going beyond a certain number of waves falls apart, as the participants simply leave. I can't tell you exactly why, but I by now simply avoid going there. Could we please have less to no Stephano or maybe a rework of that map? 

• Like 1

Well, there's two versions right? The version with the rotating defense objectives with the tunnels and the more open one with a central objective (less common).

The rotating defense one is definitely not one I like, but the stationary one is good imo.

It's not because it rotates so much as it is because the environment is.... well... messy, dark, chaotic, high enemy verticality, obstructions, labyrinthine tunnels, equipment. This and the earth defense are both missions I can't wait to get out of, mostly because of the architecture, but a lot of the defense tilesets can be irritating for various reasons.

The only ones that don't immediately grate on me are the Sedna/Saturn, Orokin defense and the Ceres defense. Jupiter's ok. Europa's ok. Kuva Fortress can get frustrating trying to find the enemies. Lua is totally miserable for finding the enemies. There's something I don't like about the Deimos defense architecture but I can't quite articulate it and also I rarely ever play that one - I think it's only in Arbitration rotations. Oh and the new Sanctum defense (mirror) locations feel pretty good. The mars mirror (old Xini) can be irritating after awhile but there are things to like about it.

It's somewhat ironic that all of our defense missions have like the least defensible space imaginable.

I think they should take extra care when designing defense tilesets to make them as dynamic as possible because we're just sitting in one spot endlessly - I think this might be why the Saturn/Sedna defense feels so nice.

• Like 3