Cross-Platform Save Rollout Information ×

Being very careful with linking accounts

Hi! I have a PC account and a PSN (Playstation) account.

I read from the account linking explanation, account linking overrides the secondary account (e.g. PC primary account overrides the PSN account) while account merging combines the content of both PC and PSN accounts.

No surprise, I would want to account merge. However, in my account page, there is only the linking option and no merge option. Just being very careful, how and where do i get the account merge option? 

Thanks, wouldn't want to screw this one up as both accounts have a lot of stuff going in them. 

14 hours ago, ArtCommissions said:

Hi! I have a PC account and a PSN (Playstation) account.

I read from the account linking explanation, account linking overrides the secondary account (e.g. PC primary account overrides the PSN account) while account merging combines the content of both PC and PSN accounts.

No surprise, I would want to account merge. However, in my account page, there is only the linking option and no merge option. Just being very careful, how and where do i get the account merge option? 

Thanks, wouldn't want to screw this one up as both accounts have a lot of stuff going in them. 

If you don't see merging when you get to the page where you pick your primary account, one of your accounts is not eligible for merging. It was either created after the November cutoff day or previously used in an account migration. If you need cross save you have to pick one to overwrite by selecting the other as primary. Alternatively, if your PSN account is the one you want to play more, you could create a new PC account using another e-mail address so you can link that with the PSN account so that account can be used for cross save. Your current PC account though would just be hanging out on its own for posterity. 

If you think that your account is ineligible in error you can contact support to see what's happening, but from what I've seen there isn't much they can do about that. 

Edited by devoltar

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I went ahead to "link" my accounts. For anyone else having this question, you will see Link your Accounts under account management, select the other account to link and the merge account will show up after you log into the second or third account. You can then merge both accounts and there are a couple of confirmations, so it is safe.