Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let me animation cancel ledge-grab please!!! I'm always anoyed when I operator dash and then I have to wait until they pull up very slowly while invisible and I'm jsut stuck.

P._I._Staker

But realism :(

But no, joking aside, I'd love something like this, tho this might be fixed in a later patch since DE is fixing the fact that you can get stuck on thin edges on maps, so hopefully they'll do a QOL update where all the ledge-grab stuff and old Parkour 1.0 will be removed.

Hell, I don't even see a reason why we need to have Parkour in the game, to begin with besides the standard Basic Movements like Rolling, Sprinting, Crouching and then Bullet Jumping. 

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Hell, I don't even see a reason why we need to have Parkour in the game, to begin with besides the standard Basic Movements like Rolling, Sprinting, Crouching and then Bullet Jumping. 

It's supposed to allow for dynamic traversal, and was heavily used when the game was a lot slower paced and more "ninja"-like rather than hoarde shooter. The on rails wall running in particular comes to mind, which was very "mirror's edge" like - the game evolved past that since the pace picked up, but they still needed a way for traversal across pits and within' confines of walls, to sort of keep those ninja mechanics. So, we have things like wall latching / climbing / ledge grabbing to bridge those gaps where basic parkour controls can't help. They're nice when they work right, but a pain when they don't.

This came up last year too and it might be on pablo's radar, but I'm unsure if they'll look into it more given the explanations provided:

• Like 1