The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Mission complete" nightwave challenge issues

Cerikus

There are currently several missions that are not counted towards this challenge.
- Khal missions should count.
- Completing a bounty in an openworld should count.
- Defeating the orowyrm should count.
- Finishing a rotation of Circuit should count.

But none of these do.

Recovering this challenge feels weird.
Having 2-3 different Mission Complete challenge at once and progressing in all of these at once feels wrong and it doesn't make any sense. It feels like a bug even though it isn't.

The challenge makes no sense in the context of this game.
Two examples of diametrically different scenarios:
- I play for 15 minutes and complete 15 capture missions. -> I completed the challenge.
- I play 4 hours of Circuit. I spend an hour in an endless mission. I play a long session of Duviri. I spend hour in an open world. -> I make almost no progress.

Warframe is not designed around "missions completed", but around "rewards gained", "stages completed", etc. Counting mission completion makes NO SENSE.
Either remove this challenge OR rework it to count stages completed, bounty rewards gained, rotations reached or something along those lines, because this is bad.
I really don't want to force myself into grinding missions I don't want to play right now.

Edited by Cerikus
  • Like 1

In short, the challenge should count towards more missions.

hace 1 hora, Cerikus dijo:

Having 2-3 different Mission Complete challenge at once and progressing in all of these at once feels wrong and it doesn't make any sense. It feels like a bug even though it isn't.

Well, this is very good, right? It doesn't matter if it seems like a mistake, you don't lose reputation from previous weeks and you can increase several levels by completing any mission (except for those already mentioned)

I agree with the rest of your post, but wanted to explain this specifically:

On 2024-02-10 at 9:10 AM, Cerikus said:

This is because these permanent challenges replaced existing ones, so not making them recoverable would mean a Nightwave reputation nerf for many players. When DE made these recoverable, they did so by making every occurrence of this challenge unique with a roman numeral (and a different challenge ID).

image.png?ex=65dd483a&is=65cad33a&hm=03b

"Challenge":"/Lotus/Types/Challenges/Seasons/Weekly/SeasonWeeklyPermanentCompleteMissions12"

https://content.warframe.com/dynamic/worldState.php

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 1