Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loki suggestions

schilds

I like the cohesion of his existing kit. It's one of the best designed kits (other than perma invis :P). He has survivability through invisibility + disarm + decoy. He has clustering (dmg amplification) through disarm + decoy. He has mobility through decoy + switch teleport.

One of the biggest issues is how fast decoy dies. The other is the slow clustering of enemies with disarm + decoy (which was fine way back when but the game has increased in pace dramatically).

I think there are things that could be done to raise the value of Loki's abilities, many of which are about level design, gameplay, enemy ai and behaviour, etc. However, there are some things that could be changed directly on Loki that I don't think would affect his flavour/style, for example:

• Decoy should probably be invulnerable. If that makes it too op in terms of CC, make an enemy only target it until they've hit it a few times or they take damage from a player. Given the fast pace of the game it's fine if the effect is short lived. A few seconds window is all a player should need to capitalise on a cc ability.
  • Make decoy increase the movement speed of enemies targeting it.
  • His passive could be something like more damage to enemies facing away from him. This would synergise with his abilities to give him a bit of a damage boost. Wall latch is not particularly a Loki thing, I don't think anyone would mourn its loss.
  • His invisibility should not affect any enemy he has sufficiently damaged.

There are things that could be done to increase the value of his abilities even if they don't raise him to meta status.

Pablo actually mentioned in the recent devstream that Loki's decoy will scale based on how many enemies are around it in the coming update. On a different note, I actually made a post recently where I and another forum user discussed Loki's theme and a way to modernize him. The post was called "Loki Needs to Change: Here's Our Ideas." Check it out if you don't mind my blatant self-promotion - I'll edit this out if you'd like. I'd love yo know what you think of it.

I think one way to make Loki's kit more interesting without giving him any new abilities (as that takes more dev resources to make than buffing), would be to give Switch Teleport the ability to steal eximus abilities. This idea is similar to Duskblade777's post with the proposed "Guile" ability, but doesn't replace any of Loki's existing abilities. Most of the eximus abilities function as passive auras, but eximus abilities such as Blitz or Arson could be manually activated by hold-casting. If we wanted to be extra, we could even give the ability some strength scaling by allowing him to strip some overguard (for example 50% or 60% at base strength). 

I think this idea keeps Loki the same and maintains his identity as a trickster, but gives Switch Teleport a new purpose in combat.

Edited by (PSN)kawamojrt