Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can the Clem Mission be More Appealing?

I like Clem; we're buds. But activating and running a Clem mission is a bit of a chore. You need to load into a Relay, go to Darvo, and then run a Survival mission. A 10 minute survival mission. And what have I to show for it? A blueprint? Of a Clem clone!? I think we can do better...

• Variety:
    • Salvage Missions
      • A Factional battle took placed and there are wrecked ships to go loot, but Darvo knows Clem's doesn't care about "structural integrity."
      • Make your way through the wreckage to find treasure, but damage the wrong load-bearing piece of hull and the entire ship may fall apart.
    • Assassination Missions
      • Someone is after Darvo and Clem, but Darvo happens to know a few strong allies...
      • Random Assassination Target but with different Dialog.
    • The Index
      • Clem can take a lot of things, but don't insult his Udyat Syandana! There's only one place to settle this: The Index.
      • 5-v-5 Index match, you're on Clem's team. Enemies are elites from a random faction. Loser apologizes to Clem; Winner makes bank.
  • Rewards:
    • Clem Emote
      • Make a low-chance drop from Clem missions that lets you imitate Clem with your emote wheel.
      • I'm imagining a head-tilt while pretending to shoot Twin Grakatas.
    • Custom Clem Orbiter Segment
      • (Blueprint drops on Clem Missions) Arsenal now lets you go to a Clem Screen if you have a Clem Clone equipped.
      • Customize appearance and apply Mods/Forma to Clem's Grakatas. Deployed Clones will now use this loadout.
    • Grakatas Augment Mod(s)
      • On Clem Missions, a small chance for either Single/Twin Grakata Augment Mods to drop.
      • Primary Mod causes you to gain Credits on Headshots. Secondary Mod increases chance of resource/mod drops from enemies if killed by a Grakata.
  • Equipment:
    • Clem-Katas
      • Twin-Grakatas variant designed by Clem and Darvo (after they paid engineers to do it). Boasts upgraded stats.
      • Alternate fire connects them to create a long-barreled automatic rifle with decreased fire rate but increased accuracy, critical chance, and damage.
    • Twin-Grakatas Incarnon Genesis Adapter
      • Some Clem missions take place in the Void, and when they do there is a chance to find this adapter in a rare crate within the level.
      • Incarnon Mode only does damage to enemy weakpoints, but has a 7x damage multiplier. Clem Clones can activate Incarnon Mode if Adapter installed.
    • Grakana (And New Stance Mod)
      • (Blueprint/components randomly drop during Clem missions) A Clem-inspired Gunblade; Looks like a Nikana mixed with a Grakata.
      • Also randomly dropping: A stance mod that lets you use Gunblades differently. Neutral attack only fires while moving attack only slashes.

Clem!

Edited by (NSW)Probably_Asleep
to be, only to be
  • Like 2

• Probably_Asleep changed the title to Can the Clem Mission be More Appealing?

I just thought of a fun way to prepare the player for the mission type. When you go in to speak with Darvo, you'll see one of four things:

1. Both Darvo and Clem
    • Survival Mission
    • (Standard)
  2. Only Darvo (with some visual indicator to know that there's still a mission to do, like Darvo waving at you when you come in)
    • The Index Mission
    • Clem has run off to fight for his honor, Darvo asks you to go help him
  3. Only Clem (you can still buy whatever's for sale)
    • Assassination Mission
    • Darvo is scared and hiding until things are safe again
  4. Neither Darvo nor Clem (instead there is a note taped to the wall)
    • Salvage Mission
    • Note says they heard of a battle taking place and are racing there to call dibs on the salvage; their note asks you to catch up and help out.

That way you'd know what kind of mission to build for right when you walk into the room. (And it would give a little bit of immersion and a nod to the players that pay attention to the details)

• Like 1

On 2024-03-01 at 2:30 AM, TheBlingKing said:

Yes to each and every one of these.

Kahl has been given enough love. Time to grant some to the OG Tenno-aligned Grineer.

Clem certainly deserves is. I'm not an expert on Warframe history or anything but I'm pretty sure Clem is the only Fan-inspired NPC.

On 2024-03-01 at 2:44 AM, RLanzinger said:

Yeah, I miss the "Oups I did (stole The Stalker) Again" 😅

This got an actual "LOL WUT?" out of me. My hat's off to you.

6 hours ago, FlickTheGoat said:

I like this

One of my favorite things about this forum is the usernames. Yours does not disappoint!

History suggests that DE is more likely to implement suggestions when the graphic design is done for them. So I present to you the stunning, 4K-quality, Grakana melee weapon:

18XxG2h.png

You expected the gun barrel to run parallel with the blade, didn't you? Clem does thins a little tilted from expectations.

6 hours ago, (NSW)Probably_Asleep said:

I'm not an expert on Warframe history or anything but I'm pretty sure Clem is the only Fan-inspired NPC.

One of two.

The second being the Prova Master who downed Phorid single-handedly.

JohnProdman.png

5 hours ago, (NSW)Probably_Asleep said:

18XxG2h.png

Finally: a new Gunblade tailored just for my rapid-fire samurai needs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheBlingKing said:

The second being the Prova Master who downed Phorid single-handedly.

JohnProdman.png

Ah yes mr John Prodman. The only time I've ever seen him was on Tennocon 2023 alert, where he's enjoying his free time by accepting Tenno's request to square up..