Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Staus Chance And Damage.

Gigaus

Considering how the new damage system kinda borks damage in a major way [everyone still has armor, and none of the damage types ignore armor...oh, and they're split, so gj on that.], and Status chance is a joke on anything that isn't a shotgun, I'd like to offer two small suggestions.

One, link Status chance to overall damage, maybe? It's already incredibly low, to the point Status chances are the new old critical. Again, unless you're rocking with a shotgun, status chance is a moot point. Modding it up is even a moot point, because the most you'll get?...2% more....Com'on DE, it's been over a week, and changing the values on mod cards is not that hard, it's spreadsheet editing.

That aside, why not link status chance to damage chance? I'll admit it's a silly idea, but I wanted to throw it out there. Like...the chance to status is the base status chance * total damage....or Base chance + (Base chance * Total base damage [not counting elements]). That would mean the higher your damage, the higher chance you'd have to Status, though not by much. At the least, it'd be higher than modding it currently.

The second....Since you guys decided to create a wonky damage system, why not finally add mods that give a flat amount, instead of percents? instead of +5% Impact, have one that gives +5 impact?....At most, +15 or something. My thinking is, given how some damages types are so small-- See Impact-- we could use a flat boost to make up the clear deficit. It'd also help weapons with pure elemental types, which, in my opinion, got a kind of nerf in this update. In honest, I'd love to see more weapon specific mods to make them more worth while.

Anyway, that's my two cents for the moment.

If your damage type value on a weapon is small, the hint is that you're not meant to use that weapon for anything requiring that damage type.
Yes, many things have armor that are supposedly "unarmored". I'm with you in disliking this, but most of those with armor actually have very little mitigation-I can see issues if they're scaling heavily, but in my experience the only ridiculous sarmor scaling is on enemies that were always intended to have armor.
On Status, I am wholeheartedly with oyu in saying that either the mods need massive multiplicative buffs or to become flat chances. I think making them at the least +100% at max rank is the way to go-weapons with low status chances presumably had a reason. (Presumably being the key word in some cases that make me go o.O)

If your damage type value on a weapon is small, the hint is that you're not meant to use that weapon for anything requiring that damage type.

Yes, many things have armor that are supposedly "unarmored". I'm with you in disliking this, but most of those with armor actually have very little mitigation-I can see issues if they're scaling heavily, but in my experience the only ridiculous sarmor scaling is on enemies that were always intended to have armor.

On Status, I am wholeheartedly with oyu in saying that either the mods need massive multiplicative buffs or to become flat chances. I think making them at the least +100% at max rank is the way to go-weapons with low status chances presumably had a reason. (Presumably being the key word in some cases that make me go o.O)

Armor is scaling still, and under damage/ 'armor' 2.0 nothing ignores it...I have a 200+ Puncture Despair, and it does about 70 some damage per knife [ thank god for multi shot] against Grineer around lvl 20 and above. My Ignis does some 10 damage per 'hit' around that area...To those of you claiming Damage 2.0 is great, stick that in your pipe and smoke it. 

Yeah, again, unless you're using shotguns status is pointless right now...especially on pistols...'I can get a whole whooping +20% on my pistol!'....Status chance needs to be majorly reworked, otherwise this was just massive nerf under the guise of a buff.

I'm not having those problems with puncture spec'd weapons and I've been running at level 50+

No idea why you're having problems.

Ok, footnotes having played at level 20 grineer with despair.
1) Despair should be FAR higher than 200 puncture. Get some decent mods.
2) At level 20, Grineer mediums take maybe 4-500 damage to kill. Was easily one-shotting them.

3) Even heavies at that level aren't taking too much, maybe 1-2000 damage.

You're overstating your case by a large amount.

Edited by SolarDwagon

I'm not having those problems with puncture spec'd weapons and I've been running at level 50+

No idea why you're having problems.

Ok, footnotes having played at level 20 grineer with despair.

1) Despair should be FAR higher than 200 puncture. Get some decent mods.

2) At level 20, Grineer mediums take maybe 4-500 damage to kill. Was easily one-shotting them.

3) Even heavies at that level aren't taking too much, maybe 1-2000 damage.

You're overstating your case by a large amount.

I still haven't gotten hornet strike, after months...I'm probably going to have to trade with my friend for one -w-;

Even so, it starts around 200+ is what I'm saying. each hit gets around 70 damage on level 20 Grineer, which confuses me greatly. My damage values are 200, yet the damage output is 70.....some one want to explain? And killing them isn't the issue, it that the damage looks to be so low, and I'm note sure why....especially considering puncture does bonus damage to armor.

Linking status chance with damage would make powerful weapons even more powerful while leaving lower tiers in the dust.

What I think should happen is creating a category of weapons build around the idea of status effects.

For instance, at the moment Flux Rifle has quite a high proc chance/fire rate ratio. Putting a blast mod on it lets you effectively keep small groups of enemies or heavy units stunned.

Status effects are really fun, but it's too hard to make use of them.

I still haven't gotten hornet strike, after months...

That's a different issue.

Edited by VentiGlondi