Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synapse Vs. Infested In Damage 2.0

Spinner187

Hey guys I need a little advise on which element mods I should use verse just infested.

I don't want to overload with elements just to make it viable.

So from what I gathered:

1.With no elements mod attached it would be just electric.  -.25% bonus to infested, No thank you.

2. Adding one Toxic mod would make it Corrosive. 0% bonus but better than electric alone.

3. Add Ice mod would make it Magnetic.  Again, 0% bonus.

4. Adding Fire mod would make it Radiation.  0% bonus, but it does have a chance proc Confusion(not that great IMO)

5. Adding Fire and Ice mods would make it Electric and Blast.  -25% + 25% = 0% bonus with a chance to Proc Knockdown(Have to waste one extra mod space.)

What are you guys using, and let me know if there was anything I missed.

Thanks in advance.

Well that's the thing about damage 2.0, don't use weapons that are bad against the enemies you are gonna face thus use another weapon. :x

But if you really want to use Synapse sooo much, I'll suggest getting the Blast damage type for the procs against Ancients. Saved my butt a few times with it.

Edited by Poke007

AZDLk6L.jpg

Edit:Order is important. I ended up with radiation and viral which is nice vs infested imo. Best would be fire and viral but that's impossible with synapse.

Yes that build would do nicely too but since you are using it against Infested, without a Rifle Ammo Mutation you are gonna run out of ammo very quickly as Infested tends to swarm you in large numbers continuously.

Well that's the thing about damage 2.0, don't use weapons that are bad against the enemies you are gonna face thus use another weapon. :x

But if you really want to use Synapse sooo much, I'll suggest getting the Blast damage type for the procs against Ancients. Saved my butt a few times with it.

Yes I am aware but for now infested missions are the most efficient way to level up equipment

Yes that build would do nicely too but since you are using it against Infested, without a Rifle Ammo Mutation you are gonna run out of ammo very quickly as Infested tends to swarm you in large numbers continuous

Wouldn't Team Ammo restore resolve this issue?

Yes that build would do nicely too but since you are using it against Infested, without a Rifle Ammo Mutation you are gonna run out of ammo very quickly as Infested tends to swarm you in large numbers continuously.

I rarely run out of ammo. When you 1 shot everything you don't really need to hold down the trigger. Play smart and you'll be fine.

I still have around 25 rifle ammo boxes from way back when

Corrosive + Heat or Corrosive + Blast for infested imo:

Serration, Split Chamber, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Stormbringer, Infected Clip, Hellfire,  and with last slot as Heavy Caliber / Ammo mutation or Cryo Rounds.

Heavy Caliber gives the best dmg, but decreases accuracy. Not that that matters much on Synapse though.

Cryo Rounds provides blast, which is more defense with it's knock downs but overall worse dmg and worse yet against shields.

Ammo Mutation to combat the frequency at which you expend ammo.

Viral is tempting but mostly useless on synapse, it works best against low armour grineer while corrosive seems to work better the more armor a enemy has.

Edited by Wurmheart

Incorrect. Infested will die in one bullet. You can literally kill them without triggering anything but the sound.

Hey guys I need a little advise on which element mods I should use verse just infested.

I don't want to overload with elements just to make it viable.

So from what I gathered:

1.With no elements mod attached it would be just electric.  -.25% bonus to infested, No thank you.

2. Adding one Toxic mod would make it Corrosive. 0% bonus but better than electric alone.

3. Add Ice mod would make it Magnetic.  Again, 0% bonus.

4. Adding Fire mod would make it Radiation.  0% bonus, but it does have a chance proc Confusion(not that great IMO)

5. Adding Fire and Ice mods would make it Electric and Blast.  -25% + 25% = 0% bonus with a chance to Proc Knockdown(Have to waste one extra mod space.)

What are you guys using, and let me know if there was anything I missed.

Thanks in advance.

try poison then elec then fire then cold

corrosive + blast.

Leapers doesnt have armor anymore btw.