Cross-Platform Save Rollout Information ×

Can't log into Warframe Forums because of Cross Save [RESOLVED]

Last week I tried logging onto the forums and I was not allowed. It kept giving me a prompt to "finish" setting up a new profile. I didn't want to go through with the prompt because I didn't want to risk losing my Forum access or history, so I filed a support ticket. The ticket never got a response, BUT I got a clue on the main website. Warframe.com started showing me a popup pushing me to link my accounts for Cross-Save.

It was terrifying to link accounts because I don't have a PC account, and my Switch account has 2299 hours of play time. But I also really wanted to get back onto the forums, so I decided to read all the FAQ's and very carefully go through the linking process. I created a new PC account, and then linked my Switch account, being absolutely sure to choose my Switch account as the primary. (I was happy to see the UI actually show your play time and Platinum on each account when choosing a primary)

And it worked! As soon as I linked accounts, I was able to log back into the forums. I also double-checked that I had not destroyed my Switch account.

A truly terrifying process with some very high stakes, but it's over now and I don't see any residual effects.

SO: If you're like me and you're Googling why you can't get into the Forums all of a sudden (and you don't want to risk losing all of your forum history so you're not following the prompts standing between you and login), then I hope Google has led you here to this post. Go to Warframe.com and see if it's recommending that you link accounts, and then carefully do just that.

PS - There was one think that got lost from this process: My Support Tickets. I've filed I think 4 or 5 support tickets over the years, and they've all been erased (including the one about this issue) after I did the account link. So if you have any data in Warframe Support that you don't want to lose, back that up before linking accounts.

And what about players who, for whatever reason(s), don't want to participate in cross-save? No community for them?

I've been having this forum access issue for months now. Every time I contact support it takes them weeks to respond and 2 seconds to fix it. Lather, rinse, repeat. But the biggest problem is that I feel like I'm being pressured by a gaming company into doing something I am just not comfortable with. I'm almost to the point that any thought I had of signing up for cross-save in the future is about gone. Hard push is always gonna be a hard pass for me.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, (XBOX)RaeOvSunshyn said:

And what about players who, for whatever reason(s), don't want to participate in cross-save? No community for them?

I've been having this forum access issue for months now. Every time I contact support it takes them weeks to respond and 2 seconds to fix it. Lather, rinse, repeat. But the biggest problem is that I feel like I'm being pressured by a gaming company into doing something I am just not comfortable with. I'm almost to the point that any thought I had of signing up for cross-save in the future is about gone. Hard push is always gonna be a hard pass for me.

I have 100% sympathy for what you're feeling. Our accounts are more than just data; they're the proof of our adventures. So it feels personal to have a corporate entity tarnish it in any way.

This is purely a "take it or leave it" point of view, but I actually think you should consider doing it. I can tell you that I'm never going to use my new PC Account for anything. I like playing on my Switch! I've got four docking stations around my home, and a hammock under a mounted flat screen. Why would I bother with a PC where I have to sit on a office-chair when I could instead multitask by sitting on a toilet!? Madness! So I don't even have it downloaded. I only logged into my PC account once for less than five minutes just to link to my Switch account and declare it the primary account. It was a horrifying 5 minutes of worrying I'd lose over 2000 hours of my life, but now that it's over I'll never have to worry about it again. So that's my first reason; it's a throwaway concession in my opinion. I can even log on to Forums again using my Switch credentials.

Secondly, I think they accidentally reset my forum account and purged my support account. That's what worries me. They're working on something, and account data is being affected. As a professional programmer myself, I can say that data migrations are nightmares. Even a properly set up database with replication and snapshots can fall prey to an inattentive developer. So I think now's a pretty good time to get our accounts set up to be as "normal" as possible. If they do something that deletes 99% of their data, everyone will get called in until it gets fixed. But if they do something that only deletes 1% of their data, then they'll simply apologize for it. Being in the 1% group is generally more dangerous.

That's my two cents anyway. I think it's a small 5-minute compromise that might end up preventing my account from getting accidentally disappeared. I could be overthinking it, but I wouldn't want the proof of your Warframe adventure harmed in any way.