Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

Inaros Rework: Pros and Cons

8 hours ago, Zebiko said:

Inaros is okay, better than before, but still lacking a bit. He's not future proof, and will probably go back to collecting dust when the game moves on and power-creeps him out again.

hmm I feel like the 1 and 2 are currently, and maybe the 3 MIGHT be future proof with a buff. However, the 4 definitely is not right now. So, this is a reasonable point you're making. If you do a rework it has to be done right or you'll just have to do more work in the future. The passive works as a functional death gate but it still needs a slight buff to be truly dependable and effective.

His base armor is really low for a frame without shields. His 3rd ability armor scaling is also kinda bad.  He needs either better scaling or more base armor.  I feel like I'm investing too much into armor to survive (umbra set, arcane guardian, and blue shards), to have as much armor as other Health tanking frames.

spot on, the 3 has to do way better scaling which it would if they just add in the scaling they advertised. Right now it's not competing with other tank moves still. It's far better than it was but it'd still be the worst tank move right now probably

I haven't died enough to comment much on his passive, but have seen videos mentioning his base attack speed slow, but then again, many youtubers have this weird fixation on speeding up all the animations for a more twitchy play style...

No, I complained about that too. The attack speed and range is kinda bad on this passive. I think sev's passive has better attack speed and range. It's just a little to hard to revive with the passive right now. Not completely useless by any means though. barely gets a passing grade though based on what they advertised compared to what's in game IMO

As someone who has played Inaros as a 4th highest used WF (almost exclusively in 2020 along with Nezha), I like his 2 but just disappointed that we've come full circle toward Spin2Win meta. Well, at least Revenant has a dance partner.

I think self-revive passives are kinda pointless when we have Unairu Last Gasp. With the lack of shields and overguard, Inaros would benefit a lot more from having some sort of life gating unique to him.

Why not giving him

• 1 self revive for free every 60 seconds (sarcophagus animation) 
  • 1.3~2 seconds of invulnerability when his hp drop to zero (sand-form animation)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, crazywolfpusher said:

I think self-revive passives are kinda pointless when we have Unairu Last Gasp. With the lack of shields and overguard, Inaros would benefit a lot more from having some sort of life gating unique to him.

Why not giving him

• 1 self revive for free every 60 seconds (sarcophagus animation) 
  • 1.3~2 seconds of invulnerability when his hp drop to zero (sand-form animation)

Personally, I would prefer to steer away from "Health Gate" and find a way to rework Armor into viability.  I'm still brainstorming ideas to make Armor work but haven't landed on anything solid.