Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Account merge question

(PSN)SlyFox5679

Question

2 answers to this question

To start, account merging and account linking are two separate operations and the distinction is important:

Account merging will combine your accounts' data, inventories, and currencies (with some exceptions, i.e. platinum on Switch accounts). Nothing is lost in an account merge.

Account linking will take the primary account's data, inventories and currencies (you select your primary account in the account linking process) and overwrite all of the other accounts' data, inventories, progress, etc. Data, inventories, and currencies on non-primary accounts will be overwritten and lost in this process.

The end result of either process is a cross-platform account that can play on the platforms with accounts that have been merged or linked.

In order to merge your accounts, you need to qualify for it; you need to have accounts that existed prior to the cutoff date of Nov. 24th of 2023, and the accounts cannot have participated in a PC-to-Console migration in the past (either being the account that initiated or was the recipient of a migration). When you begin the cross-save process, you will be notified if your accounts are eligible for a merge or not.

If you are not eligible for a merge, you will need to link your accounts; as stated earlier, linking your accounts will overwrite all account data with that of the primary account (which you choose). For example, if you only play on PS4/PS5, you will want to mark your Playstation account as your primary, which will overwrite your PC account data (and Xbox/Switch/iOS if you link those too). If you want your PC account's data to be the cross-save data, you then select that as your primary.

If you don't want to lose data of either your PC account or your console account, read on:

Now, and this is kind of important... if you have progress on both a PC account and a Console account and you do not want to lose either's data (and are not eligible for a merge), you can still turn your console account into a cross-save account by creating a brand-new PC account (separate from your existing PC account)... Make sure you pick a name you like because it will be your display name for your cross-save account. You can then link the brand new PC account with your console account (and select your console account as the primary), turning it into a cross-save account. At the end of this process, you'll have 2 accounts: your original PC account, and a cross-save account using your console account as the basis.

I wanna be able to use my PSN account for all systems if possible.  Anyway I can't trade with my friend in my clan because of her mismatched information with her merging her main PSN and PC account together. So I order for me to trade with her I read I gotta do the same thing, is this correct?.