Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Melee attacking wipes away ALL companion Overguard

icesharkk

Bug is simple to replicate. grab Dante, put overguard on your companion, melee attack. All the overguard on the pet is gone in an instant. this is not a UI bug the pet will die immediately if it doesnt have other ways to be tanky. feels like the spaghetti code might be related to Pack Leader but I don't have pack leader or prime equipped.

• Like 5

Interesting. I've had this issue today with Dante and thought it was caused by Primed Pack Leader - its effect does override the overguard received from Dante, instantly reducing it to just 2200 with a single hit of melee. But if the issue happens even without Pack Leader the problem might be deeper.

The pack leader interaction might be a different bug entirely, kullervo also has that issue where if he has above his overguard cap from someone like dante, it will lower his current overguard down to his cap.

yeah this is separate from the kullervo interaction. i have confirmed it happens on vulpas, moas, hounds, and predasites while using Dante. i am lazy and didnt test sentinels, sorry. Also note your melee attack has to connect with something event breakables count though.

Can confirm that this does not require any variation of Pack Leader; Overguard on companions vanishes when the player damages an enemy any melee attack or melee-adjacent action, including (after semi-rigorous testing): Finishers, Parazon Mercies, flying slide kicks, and the radial attack generated by bullet jumping. This appears to affect all types of companions.

I have only tested this with Overguard from Dante since the update; I do not know if any other form of Overguard is affected by this.

Attacking objects (anything that's not an enemy that still produces a damage number) does not seem to trigger this bug.

As someone whose current build is greatly assisted by my companion being alive (Reinforced Bond Adarza Kavat), this is somewhat limiting the ways in which I can play Dante.