Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban Bastille invert tap/hold breaks ability to turn bastille into vortex

HunterDigi

Steps to repro:

1. Make tap/hold = inverted for Vauban
2. In any mission with Vauban, hold 4th ability to spawn a lifting stasis field (bastille?)
3. Try to collapse the existing bastille into a vortex, I tried hold, tap, none seem to want to do it.

Prior to Dante Unbound I also played with inverted and got muscle memory to tap 2 for mines and hold 4 for vortex, now I still do that so I accidentally summon a stasis field which is annoying when I can't get rid of it :(

Edited by HunterDigi
  • Like 1

Hey HunterDigi! I can not seem to reproduce the issue you are describing. For me holding the ability 4 button collapses Bastille into Vortex with Invert Tab/Hold Abilities enabled on Vauban. Do you use keyboard or controller, any custom keybindings?  

• Like 2

I don't think that my question warrants a new thread, but when inverting tap/hold on vauban, you can no longer keep casting bastilles if you have any on the field, since the landed and activated at that point bastilles convert into vorteci. Used to run invert tap/hold on vauban to be able to control the switching of his 2 kit better, but I guess for now we'll have to go back to default.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 2024-04-02 at 11:12 PM, [DE]Saske said:

Hey HunterDigi! I can not seem to reproduce the issue you are describing. For me holding the ability 4 button collapses Bastille into Vortex with Invert Tab/Hold Abilities enabled on Vauban. Do you use keyboard or controller, any custom keybindings?  

I just tested it. If you had inverted setting before the update, now it'd throw bastille whether you tap it or hold. But if you change it now to inverted, it'll work differently: tapping 4 throws vortex while holding 4 throws bastille.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HunterDigi said:

I did have it inverted before update, that might explain the difference in results =)

yeah, I just decided to test normal compared to reverted and now I only have non-bugged reverted(tap for vortex, hold for bastille). but while changing and switching I noticed that my energy for throwing the ability was refunded for multiple casts in a row. (prob because I had zenuric and 1 of the vortices/bastiles active at the moment was cast under the old settings). Now I can't recreate this energy bug.
the ability to throw vortices while having bastille active has a big bug potential, I already found 1 bug and 1 "feature" with it