The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

UDP Ports 4950 and 4955 check firewall???

War_GG13

Question

I know this might not be the correct category, but I thought maybe someone here has managed to fix it.

Me and my brother just returned to warframe after a long break, we used to play just fine with no problems regarding multiplayer

but now we're surprised to both get the UDP 4950 and 4955 error, we tried multiple solutions including: 

- virtual servers (port-forwarding)
- selecting different ports
- using a vpn
- disabling all firewalls
- enabling upnp
- installing the cloudflare WARP program

but nothing seems to work, randomly we'd find it working but then it'd stop working again

many people on my other forum post are also having the same issue, we really need help as the game is not much fun like this

I've heard that people managed to fix this before, would anyone be able to assist us please? thank you!

15 answers to this question

That might be the first thing you tried but just it case that might just be it. Have you tried using two different sets of ports for you and your brother by changing them in the game settings? Because as far as I know this error primarily triggers when ports allocated for the game are either locked or already used.

pX2uVEo.png

Edit: NVM somehow I didn't notice you tried "selecting different ports" already. But since you said it will happen again randomly, maybe it's sometimes this settings that resets?

Edited by Rathalio

To @War_GG13,

Solution (hidden) here : https://www.warframe.com/2pcnetwork

However, as upnp can be tricky, You should first (with only 1 Computer ON/connected):

1. Desactivate Upnp, reboot Warframe.
  2. Change UDP from [4950 & 4955] to another
  3. Activate UPNP, test with Analyze network
  • IF OK you're good.
  • IF NOK you may have a Upnp problem with router, (windows) firewall

If you also use another console with Warframe, You must do the same with 2nd PC and change UPD (not the same as the first)

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, RLanzinger said:

To @War_GG13,

Solution (hidden) here : https://www.warframe.com/2pcnetwork

However, as upnp can be tricky, You should first (with only 1 Computer ON/connected):

1. Desactivate Upnp, reboot Warframe.
  2. Change UDP from [4950 & 4955] to another
  3. Activate UPNP, test with Analyze network
  • IF OK you're good.
  • IF NOK you may have a Upnp problem with router, (windows) firewall

If you also use another console with Warframe, You must do the same with 2nd PC and change UPD (not the same as the first)

tried this, it worked for the first 2 attempts

then it just stopped working again

Edited by War_GG13
doesnt work

4 hours ago, Rathalio said:

That might be the first thing you tried but just it case that might just be it. Have you tried using two different sets of ports for you and your brother by changing them in the game settings? Because as far as I know this error primarily triggers when ports allocated for the game are either locked or already used.

pX2uVEo.png

Edit: NVM somehow I didn't notice you tried "selecting different ports" already. But since you said it will happen again randomly, maybe it's sometimes this settings that resets?

nope, I made sure they were diff ports

To @War_GG13,

When playing warframe with 2 PC on and logged in WF,

1/ Warframe : You can check inside your Firewall what port is warframe using (PC)

• IF OK with udp setting, Game is Fine

2/  Windows : just take a look if UPnP is authorized

How do I enable /check UPnP on Windows 10?
  1. Open the Control Panel.
  2. Click Network and Internet.
  3. Click Network and Sharing Center.
  4. In the left pane, click the link for Change advanced sharing settings.
  5. In the Network Discovery section, select the option for Turn on network discovery and click the Save changes button.

3/ Local Network : check in your router / advanced Menu / UPnP what is present ?

Should be something like this

🔳 active UPnP IGD

application/service

IP hote            

port externe    

port interne    

protocole    

nom / adresse IP

STB TR069

TCP

WarframePublic Client

UDP

WarframePublic Server

UDP

STB Remote PVR rule

TCP

VHD Notification

TCP

• If you have two of them IP and Port different, that mean your UPnP is fine.
  • If you have 2 IP but same Port, it may be a UPnP (Maybe DMZ or nat/pat are still active)
  • If you have none, UPnP may be not activated or cannot reach your router

Try it with 2PC, check after 1min and 1hour on each; As long as one is ko it may drag down the other.

PS : in very last, try UPnP tester at http://noeld.com/programs.asp?cat=dstools#upnptest

5 hours ago, RLanzinger said:

To @War_GG13,

When playing warframe with 2 PC on and logged in WF,

1/ Warframe : You can check inside your Firewall what port is warframe using (PC)

• IF OK with udp setting, Game is Fine

2/  Windows : just take a look if UPnP is authorized

How do I enable /check UPnP on Windows 10?
  1. Open the Control Panel.
  2. Click Network and Internet.
  3. Click Network and Sharing Center.
  4. In the left pane, click the link for Change advanced sharing settings.
  5. In the Network Discovery section, select the option for Turn on network discovery and click the Save changes button.

3/ Local Network : check in your router / advanced Menu / UPnP what is present ?

Should be something like this

🔳 active UPnP IGD

application/service

IP hote            

port externe    

port interne    

protocole    

nom / adresse IP

STB TR069

TCP

WarframePublic Client

UDP

WarframePublic Server

UDP

STB Remote PVR rule

TCP

VHD Notification

TCP

• If you have two of them IP and Port different, that mean your UPnP is fine.
  • If you have 2 IP but same Port, it may be a UPnP (Maybe DMZ or nat/pat are still active)
  • If you have none, UPnP may be not activated or cannot reach your router

Try it with 2PC, check after 1min and 1hour on each; As long as one is ko it may drag down the other.

PS : in very last, try UPnP tester at http://noeld.com/programs.asp?cat=dstools#upnptest

as for step 1, how exactly do I do that? Can't manage to find it inside the firewall section

step 2, UPnP is authorized

step 3, UPnP is activated, but there are no values at all (Image Below)

image.png?ex=66205ba3&is=660de6a3&hm=0f9

I tried the UPnP tester, didn't get any errors

P.S: to make things clear, the issue isn't that there are 2 computers, even when there is just 1 computer it still gives the error

- thank you a lot btw for the timely responses, really appreciate it

4 hours ago, FulfillMyWill said:

Your internet service provider may be blocking those ports. Try using your mobile phone as usb modem or access point. If it works, contact your ISP and ask them to whitelist those ports.

I tried using my phone's mobile hotspot (I believe that's what you meant), but still got the same error of check your firewall etc....

For step 1 : I use Comodo Firewall's Killswitch (a task manager++) but it can work with Wireshark a bit more high level...

• Killswitch : You can also get it from COMODO CCE and activate KS here, check how to and select Network for details. You can also select display network (shield up right) to check if data is used.
  • Wireshark : You must launch it in admin mode (Right-Menu clic / launch as admin), select Ethernet first and type filter "udp portrange 4950-4970" then Enter.

Screen capture about my Comodo KS

Spoiler

gFbbcX4.jpg

If you have windows Defender as Firewall

• Check in config panel / all config panel / windows defender / authorised apps if Warframe or Warframe steam is authorised or not.

If you have another as Firewall

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, RLanzinger said:

For step 1 : I use Comodo Firewall's Killswitch (a task manager++) but it can work with Wireshark a bit more high level...

• Killswitch : You can also get it from COMODO CCE and activate KS here, check how to and select Network for details. You can also select display network (shield up right) to check if data is used.
  • Wireshark : You must launch it in admin mode (Right-Menu clic / launch as admin), select Ethernet first and type filter "udp portrange 4950-4970" then Enter.

Screen capture about my Comodo KS

Hide contents

gFbbcX4.jpg

If you have windows Defender as Firewall

• Check in config panel / all config panel / windows defender / authorised apps if Warframe or Warframe steam is authorised or not.

If you have another as Firewall

So after using the COMODO app this is what I got

image.png?ex=662101c0&is=660e8cc0&hm=8fc

as for my firewall, I believe it is authorized

image.png?ex=66210203&is=660e8d03&hm=422

I'm guessing you're wondering what warf tcp and udp is, I basically made rules for the specific ports incase that was the issue

- again truly thank you for responding quickly and providing these solutions, really appreciate it

Edit: I did notice that for UDP ports 4960 & 4965 there is no "established" nor "close wait" status

Edited by War_GG13

Update, still cannot identify what the issue is, support has not responded in 4 days

Does anyone know a way I can reach support faster? Since it seems I am not the only person experiencing this issue

Also, if someone here is into networking could you please take a look? Maybe it's just a lack of system network understanding

update, I logged into warframe and it randomly works temporarily, comodo kill switch has the same results as when it doesn't work, incase that helps anyone

P.S: NOT SOLVED, it randomly works then stops working again

Are both you and your brother playing Warframe on PC on the same network?  If so, then you will get that error message.  This happened to me after cross save dropped where more than 1 person play Warframe on PC, the PC's are fighting over the same UDP ports (I think to connect to chat) when we play at the same time.  I solved it by changing my port numbers to two different ports.  I occasionally still get chat disconnects, but I don't get that error message anymore.

14 hours ago, Anonymouse7611 said:

Are both you and your brother playing Warframe on PC on the same network?  If so, then you will get that error message.  This happened to me after cross save dropped where more than 1 person play Warframe on PC, the PC's are fighting over the same UDP ports (I think to connect to chat) when we play at the same time.  I solved it by changing my port numbers to two different ports.  I occasionally still get chat disconnects, but I don't get that error message anymore.

hey! we did try that but sadly didn't work, scroll up a little bit in the post