Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Status chance. What do colors mean?

7bigpete

Question

When i hover over the status chance break down on my sobek it would show each percentage lets say viral, slash, electricity for example in a different color. something like red, green, tan etc. 

what is it trying to indicate and what is affecting it? i cant seem to understand the mechanic as i move things around to get different colors.

also one more question does having more multishot somewhat compensate for having a lower status chance? or would a high multishot be more not as efficient with lower chance.  basically tweeking my sobek saryn and trying to make her super strong 😝 thanks 

Edited by 7bigpete

7 answers to this question

It's hard to tell what you mean just from words. Can you take a screenshot of these colors and post it so we know exactly what we're looking at?

Also, higher multishot means more chance of firing a bullet/pellet that will inflict a status proc, so it might help as if my memory serves me right, Sobek fires pellets with a decent hit scan, so at the very least it couldn't hurt.

Not sure what you mean about the colors.

as for status on shotguns, they have a status chance per pellet, which stays the same even as you increase the pellet count, increasing your chances of getting more statuses. To maximize your statuses per shot, you want to add as much multishot and status chance as you can- just make sure it’s worth using over other mods that could fit into your build.

for any1 still wondering: this is probably what OP ment

GKW0xh0.png

and to explain what this breakdown is supposed to tell you @7bigpete

Essentially, whenever you DO proc status (depending on your status chance - in the case of my exergis here that's a modded status chance of 118.4%) the game will then determine which status to apply based on the damage distribution of the weapon; That's what those broken down percentages are - the chance of that type of status proc being applied whenever you fire a pellet that does apply status.

Edited by LittleLeoniePrime
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

I imagined Bob Ross firing a pallete. Probably a typo, but

Reveal hidden contents

It is a pellet.

I just imagined my old boss looking at a wooden cargo pallet, sipping his coffee, and telling the poor thing it's not working out and that'll write him a final check.

9 hours ago, LittleLeoniePrime said:

for any1 still wondering: this is probably what OP ment

GKW0xh0.png

and to explain what this breakdown is supposed to tell you @7bigpete

Essentially, whenever you DO proc status (depending on your status chance - in the case of my exergis here that's a modded status chance of 118.4%) the game will then determine which status to apply based on the damage distribution of the weapon; That's what those broken down percentages are - the chance of that type of status proc being applied whenever you fire a pellet that does apply status.

My understanding is that when OP was looking at this screen the percentages were in different colors, which is what was confusing them. Though now that I think about it, it could be just like other parts of the arsenal, where red means a decrease, tan is the same, and green is an increase? I haven’t verified but I suspect those colors might show up on the status breakdown while changing any mod that affects the damage distribution of the weapon. (Any non base damage mod) 

• Like 1