Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

I would like to understand why the ability to crowd control using abilities such as stomp and breach surge have been disabled on eximus units. I personally don’t see how or why that nerf was warranted. I play breach surge mag and now she is less effective. Speaking of Mag, 2 of her mods got gutted and no longer work on eximus units which is just ridiculous. Mag is extremely squishy and the ability to blind and jam enemy weapons for a few seconds contribute to her survivability tremendously for me and now she can’t. Can we please revert these changes? 

In terrible dark times, people stood for hours on defense with Vauban.  He sucked everything that moved into the Vortex.  And what didn’t move, he moved and sucked in.  It was such an interesting gameplay that the developers took care of this problem.  They sat down, thought about it, and ten years later they released protection against the effect of crowd control (Update 31.5, section: Eximus reborn).  This way you won’t be able to sit still and do nothing.  You'll even have to play the game.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Vortex

• Like 2

The quick answer is those abilities and many other effects have been bugged for two years.  Because, when overguard was introduced as an enemy mechanic...

DE, Eximus Reborn: "While Overguard is active, it will keep Eximus units immune to Warframe crowd control abilities and anything that will stagger, knockdown, stun, mind control, ragdoll, and blind."

So now CC abilities are on the intended, more equal footing.  Rather than Wisp, Rhino, etc. being exceptions.

Maybe a better question to ask is, "Why did DE feel the need to hobble CC so much versus eximus in the first place?"

There are some answers here:

...though how much satisfaction a person gets from those answers will vary.

Another thing that was talked about at the time, which I don't recall if it was ever confirmed by DE, is that some CCs were apparently being used for exploitive AFK farming on a large scale.  Although even if that was true, there are numerous CC abilities that wouldn't have been amenable to that, but most got nerfed anyway.   And that's setting aside the question of whether entirely disabling CC was the best approach.

21 minutes ago, Mallymal86 said:

Speaking of Mag, 2 of her mods got gutted and no longer work on eximus units which is just ridiculous. Mag is extremely squishy and the ability to blind and jam enemy weapons for a few seconds contribute to her survivability tremendously for me and now she can’t.

By the way, Magnetized Discharge is still working on Eximus.   That could change, but it could help make the adjustment easier in the meantime.

• Like 3

The whole "Eximus units as Enemy leaders" becomes instantly moot the moment half the enemies spawned in higher difficulty missions are Eximuses. Even Sortie with Eximus Stronghold modifier, let alone SP, Archon Hunts, Netra Cells or the latest DA "thing". This just makes any and all CC absolutely irrelevant, strongly gravitating towards "if it's dead - there is no need for CC" type of gameplay, forcing you to opt for damage, AOE, nuking, not CC.

Edited by _Kit_Kat_Cat_
  • Like 2

I am pro on leaving a few cc abilities affecting eximus units especially for non-meta abilities like mag's polarize counter pulse augment. Since players have to use the augment mod for the cc to work, we should be rewarded for it. Disabling breach surge for me was fair since the ability also adds damage. 

i feel like the point of the overguard rework was missed by many player. while some CC powers had the capacity to stall enemies, the meta at the time was launchers(which would stagger enemies) and dps meta, and eximus enemies were dying too fast to those. the effect of this change was to move to a dps abilities oriented meta, as crowd control abilities now had a severely limited scope where it matters (survivability, defense).

why take loki for a defense mission, when it is guaranteed that enemies that ignore his kit will spawn and take high end guns to kill if you can just take frames that kill everything, including these enemies? the last point where crowd control was useful in the past is when you needed to survive while enemies were getting significantly more difficult to kill. now that use of crowd control doesn't exist, as you always have to deal enough dmg to kill the eximus enemies to survive. nullifiers can be CC'd by breaking their shields with low amounts of dmg, but eximus are really beefy and promote raw dps over any form of utility.

CC should be a unique advantage that gives you an edge on the battlefield when you are outnumbered and conventionally weaker (both defense and offense). right now it serves to overpower weak enemies that you one-shot anyways, and flops entirely when it counts in dangerous situations. the downside of CC is that it doesn't kill the enemies, which should make it stronger than damage abilities when affecting combat flow.