The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unpopular opinion DE should make archon shards buyable from market and quests pay to skip

It's like one the only FEW things that cant be 'paid to win' - and it  should absolutely stay this way. You can already buy everything else with plat. At least some things should still require you to play the game to obtain (not that you even need shards for anything, especially if you aren't playing much).

And as for skipping - its been discussed in details. Quests are not the problem, the starchart slog and some missions are. Plus many quests are already optional and can be already skipped and you can outright buy any frame.

Edited by Monolake

2 minutes ago, Lord_Drod said:

You can buy builds with forma in it and reactors and cats?  I have never heard of this.

You can buy Forma, you can buy reactors or catalyst, you can buy maxed arcanes and mods.

3 minutes ago, Lord_Drod said:

Having thousands of hours in game won't necessarily lead to good builds, that's correct, nor does mastering everything.  I won't say its impossible, but its pretty unlikely to have good builds 34 days in.  Even copy and pasting.  But you view that as useless excess anyway, since its just about getting the green light to extract.

The green light to extract is objectively winning, feelings are subjective.

4 minutes ago, Lord_Drod said:

Plenty of people share my opinion.  Just as your opinion is apparently the only objective is to complete missions.  And you realize if that was the only type of player in Warframe, the game would die?  DE should care about trying to retain these players.  I don't know why they wouldn't.  They ideally would want a balance of players who spend a lot and grind a lot.  It's kind of like a standard poker ecosystem.  The whale doesn't play without the grinders.  The grinders don't play without the whale.  The game dies without a balance of both.

New players cycle in all the time, just as old players cycle out, You can ascribe my objectives but you are wrong, same way that DE can't retain those players. They are done or have moved on.

3 hours ago, L3512 said:

You can buy Forma, you can buy reactors or catalyst, you can buy maxed arcanes and mods.

So literally this isn't a build since you still have to level the equipment.

3 hours ago, L3512 said:

The green light to extract is objectively winning, feelings are subjective.

It's not about feelings.  There's obviously more to the game than node clearing.  I see it as a fine thing if people want to just experience the story, but don't care to grind.  I wouldn't consider learning about the game useless just because people can get carried and boosted through the content, which everyone kinda does to some extent starting out. 

3 hours ago, L3512 said:

New players cycle in all the time, just as old players cycle out, You can ascribe my objectives but you are wrong, same way that DE can't retain those players. They are done or have moved on.

I'm not sure what your point is here.  New players won't cycle in without current players.  There's tons of players that come and go for different reasons.  A player that spends thousands just to check out the content and then leave doesn't really interfere with a regular player too much.