Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help with mods on my Vaykor Hek weapon

FictionReader90

Question

Hey everyone so I just recently my Vaykor Hek recently and wanted to see if I could do anything else to improve it as of right now I have Primed Point Blank, Blaze, Vicious Spread, the Multishot mod, Critical Deceleration, Charged Shell, and Vigilante Armaments on it at this time plus I plan to add Ravage once I finish building another Forma or two any help or advice is appreciated thank you

Edited by FictionReader90
Forgot to add Ravage to the list

10 answers to this question

I wouldnt invest Forma or Catalyst into this weapon if I were you (unless you plan to never get anything better). Just put anything that fits: %dmg, multishot, crit chance, crit damage.

PPB is good, Blaze is ok. VIcious spread is not good. Critical deceleration is fine although because of how low budget Ravage is crit scaling is not best. As for charged shell, I would stick to 1 basic element for now. Heat is great all around (from Blaze), Electricity is kinda meh at your stage, Toxin is great vs Corpus but pretty average vs everything else, Cold is pretty good vs everything. If you slap Charged shell+Blaze you will get Radiation, that is used mostly for bosses and current Hub faction called Murmur (spoilers).

Edited by Zakkhar

14 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

I wouldnt invest Forma or Catalyst into this weapon if I were you (unless you plan to never get anything better). Just put anything that fits: %dmg, multishot, crit chance, crit damage.

PPB is good, Blaze is ok. VIcious spread is not good. Critical deceleration is fine although because of how low budget Ravage is crit scaling is not best. As for charged shell, I would stick to 1 basic element for now. Heat is great all around (from Blaze), Electricity is kinda meh at your stage, Toxin is great vs Corpus but pretty average vs everything else, Cold is pretty good vs everything. If you slap Charged shell+Blaze you will get Radiation, that is used mostly for bosses and current Hub faction called Murmur (spoilers).

Hey thank you for taking the time to help as for not getting a better weapon I was planning on getting the kuva Hek later but it requires a MR of 15 and I just got to 12 myself. So regarding the mods you said that a crit build is not good because of Ravage scaling does that mean I need to switch to a status build to make it better? Also why is Vicious Spread not good?

44 minutes ago, FictionReader90 said:

as for not getting a better weapon I was planning on getting the kuva Hek later but it requires a MR of 15 and I just got to 12 myself

By better weapon I mean pretty much anything that is not a shotgun. Incarnon maybe. Felarx if you are into shotguns so much. Classical pellet shotguns without a gimmick are pretty niche choice nowdays. Because they do not work very well. Cedo is good but it has gimmick, Sobek can be made good but even has even bigger gimmick, Tenet Arca Plasmor is good but it is not a pellet shotgun AND it has a gimmick. Bubonico, Zarr, Phantasma, those are not typical pellet shotguns either.

So regarding the mods you said that a crit build is not good because of Ravage scaling

I do not mean it is not good. I mean that there are better mods to use if you are playing formaless/potatoless. You want mods that increase your damage always, not give you a chance to increase it by a lower margin than rifles (Rifles Vital Sense adds 120% cd, compare to normal Ravage 60%).

does that mean I need to switch to a status build to make it better? 

You should not bother with doing any builds on a weapon that is just mastery fodder, because that would require (wasted) catalyst and forma investment. I assume you already slapped Catalyst on it. If you want to see how a build looks like if you have everything and infinite resources to use it would be something like this (it is actually both crit and status)

https://overframe.gg/build/10364/

Also why is Vicious Spread not good?

1. If offers massively lower %dmg compared to its Pistol (Magnum Force) and Rifle (Heavy Caliber) counterparts (both at 165% dmg/-55% acc).
  2. Accuracy loss on a shotgun is massive. WIth most weapons you should always be aiming for the head (on humanoid enemies as most of them offer x3 damage multiplier compared to body shots) and high accuracy ensures all pellets actually hit the head. With low accuracy some pellets will hit the air, body and other enemies. Only Shotgun that can actually benefit from this mod is Phantasma (and I stopped using it), because the accuracy loss actually makes it attack in a wider cone (it is like flamethrower, but shots electricity instead).
  3. %dmg is extremly popular buff and at some point you got way too much of it (eg the build I pasted above goes to 165 from PPB, 360 from Primary Merciless, and about 320% from Galvanised Savvy), so using another %dmg mod than not only adds small fraction to the damage (initially the bonuses give high damage increase, but once you got so much increased already each next bonus gives relatively less. This mechanics is called dimishing returns). You with your mods would get 165 from PPB, 60% from Blaze and maybe another 90% from Vigilante mod.

Edited by Zakkhar

To @FictionReader90,

Vaykor Hek is a good long run weapon, not much at MR25-MR30+ where Zakkhar and myself are ... (hi zakkhar ^^).

-With 3 Forma only, it's a good n' versatile weapon for Critical build or status (10% x 7 pellets ~50% to at least 1 status).

-Spread is usually bad unless you shoot at close range or using MAG / bullet attractor or Phage.

-AFAIR, Reload is per magazine (unlike most shotguns) so go for magazine mods and fire rate is very good.

-The innate blast+health is a good side effect,

Shotguns really become miraculous with Mag by shooting on the upper bubble to trigger headshots (that OP with latter zariman's weapons)

So If your style play is more casual with Mag or Aggro+ close range, Go for Vaykor Hek and keep it.

If not, you may consider Zakkhar as a best advice around ... Steel Path level 🧐...

PS : I never use more than 5 Forma (2-3 avergae), so unless you wanna/usually go for

35 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

By better weapon I mean pretty much anything that is not a shotgun. Incarnon maybe. Felarx if you are into shotguns so much. Classical pellet shotguns without a gimmick are pretty niche choice nowdays. Because they do not work very well. Cedo is good but it has gimmick, Sobek can be made good but even has even bigger gimmick, Tenet Arca Plasmor is good but it is not a pellet shotgun AND it has a gimmick. Bubonico, Zarr, Phantasma, those are not typical pellet shotguns either.

Hello thank you again for taking the time to replay to my question!

That sucks I love shotguns so to learn that their not that good kinda sucks but I will check out the felarx when it unlocked.

I’m stuck grinding for the necramech right now for the new war quest

I do not mean it is not good. I mean that there are better mods to use if you are playing formaless/potatoless. You want mods that increase your damage always, not give you a chance to increase it by a lower margin than rifles (Rifles Vital Sense adds 120% cd, compare to normal Ravage 60%).

When Baro sell the prime Ravaged mod (or if I can buy it by selling syndicate mods for plat first) I’ll get it I just don’t have it right now

You should not bother with doing any builds on a weapon that is just mastery fodder, because that would require (wasted) catalyst and forma investment. I assume you already slapped Catalyst on it. If you want to see how a build looks like if you have everything and infinite resources to use it would be something like this (it is actually both crit and status)

I was actually going to make it my main gun unless the kuva Hek proves to be that much better. yeah your correct I already used a catalyst on it along with 2 form. And thank for the link I’ll definitely try to build it like that I really appreciate it

also I didn’t quote the bottom of the messege cause of how long it is but 1st: yeah that is a bud difference compared to the others.

2nd: huh I thought the Hek gun family marrow spread would diminish the accuracy penalty some and I’m going to check out the phantasma now cause I did enjoy the ignis and ignis wraiths quite a bit.

3rd:thanks for explaining that to me I’ve never really thought about diminishing returns before so I’ll try to keep it in mind now when I put mods on my weapons

14 minutes ago, RLanzinger said:

Vaykor Hek is a good long run weapon, not much at MR25-MR30+ where Zakkhar and myself are ... (hi zakkhar ^^).

Thank you for taking the time to respond and help me!

So what weapons are viable to use if I ever get up to that Rank?

15 minutes ago, RLanzinger said:

-With 3 Forma only, it's a good n' versatile weapon for Critical build or status (10% x 7 pellets ~50% to at least 1 status).

That plus the last quote is good to hear I was starting to think that it wasn’t a good weapon not gonna lie I mean I was still gonna use it but I was starting to have doubts about it 

17 minutes ago, RLanzinger said:

Spread is usually bad unless you shoot at close range or using MAG / bullet attractor or Phage.

Huh ok guess I’m checking out MAG, Phage, and the Phantasma later also you do mean the Warframe Mag right and it not something else?

19 minutes ago, RLanzinger said:

AFAIR, Reload is per magazine (unlike most shotguns) so go for magazine mods and fire rate is very good.

-The innate blast+health is a good side effect,

So until I get the mods for Zakkhar build I should replace Vicious Spread with a fire rate mod and add in a reload one to?

21 minutes ago, RLanzinger said:

Shotguns really become miraculous with Mag by shooting on the upper bubble to trigger headshots (that OP with latter zariman's weapons)

So If your style play is more casual with Mag or Aggro+ close range, Go for Vaykor Hek and keep it.

If not, you may consider Zakkhar as a best advice around ... Steel Path level 🧐...

Im looking at Mag’s ability’s are you talking about the magnetize bubble cause now that I’m looking that seems really cool looking and I’ll remember to aim near the top for head shots.
Also yeah I’m gonna say that I’m a casual player I don’t really play it everyday but I do enjoy when I do even with the grinding I had to do for some mods and blueprints. What do you mean by Aggro+ though I assume it a type of play style

2 hours ago, FictionReader90 said:

Zakkhar build

Not my build. I give credits where credit is due, if you wanna check how good weapons are and their general builds (or ideas for builds, because I do not agree with a few of them, while I copied a few 1:1 and am very happy): https://www.cephalonwannab.com/

Just do not copy top builds from overframe.gg in general, because most of them are highly outdated and they are not being downvoted when that happens.

Edited by Zakkhar

6 hours ago, FictionReader90 said:

Hey thank you for taking the time to help as for not getting a better weapon I was planning on getting the kuva Hek later but it requires a MR of 15 and I just got to 12 myself. So regarding the mods you said that a crit build is not good because of Ravage scaling does that mean I need to switch to a status build to make it better? Also why is Vicious Spread not good?

I just want to quickly say, MR requirements dont really apply to Kuva/Tenet Weapons obtained from Liches/Sisters so you dont really need to be MR 15 to get the Kuva Hek.

48 minutes ago, SanderAdO said:

I just want to quickly say, MR requirements dont really apply to Kuva/Tenet Weapons obtained from Liches/Sisters so you dont really need to be MR 15 to get the Kuva Hek.

Wait Really!? That’s awesome I’ll have to get it soon then thank you for telling me that

16 minutes ago, FictionReader90 said:

Wait Really!? That’s awesome I’ll have to get it soon then thank you for telling me that

Yep, Kuva or Tenet Weapons obtained through the Lich/Sister system are not really MR restricted. You can just claim them at any MR from Foundry as soon as you get them after finishing your lich/sister (if you have a weapon slot available ofcourse). The only Tenet Weapons that do have an actual MR restriction are the ones that can be bought from Ergo Glast for Corrupted Holokeys.