Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

Dante's tradgedy feels bad to use because of the LOS and even perfect LOS algorith will not solve that

With the latest Dante fixes he feels great to use on wide open areas with nothing blocking the way or when standing in a single place however that is pretty much never the case, warframe is all about movement and combined with the fact that we usually fight in fairly small areas and because of that LOS abilities that require setup do not really work

when I want to use tragedy I have to either fully stop then cast dark verse 2 times and then cast tragedy before I can continue moving

alternatively if I am in a fairly open area I have to jump really high so that most enemies will be in the LOS and both of those options are rather slow and clunky

if I don't do one of those 2 things by the time I can cast tragedy a lot of the enemies that were within LOS no longer are

therefore I think tragedy really needs to be looked at again, be it removing the LOS and reducing the range or removing the base damage or something else bu the LOS just does not work for this ability unless maybe you give LOS rays x meters of punch through allowing it to go through 1 or 2 walls

• Like 5

My two favorite suggestions I've seen were:

1. Remove base damage of tragedy. Make the ability a nuke that require beforehand priming. 

2. Reduce base range. 

I personally like the second option the most. Seems to make sense and keep it in line while also maintaining the fun of it. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Pseudozz said:

1. Remove base damage of tragedy. Make the ability a nuke that require beforehand priming. 

2. Reduce base range. 

I personally like the second option the most. Seems to make sense and keep it in line while also maintaining the fun of it. 

I made a thread to keep track of options the community puts forth.

I think a good option for LoS in general would be "If it breaks it doesn't exist."  So only walls, floors, and a closed door, would stop an ability. 

This, I think, could save a lot of work? Instead of checking each enemy the game would draw sphere and if there's a wall just stop the ability there. Then apply effect to all enemies inside the remaining shape

1 minute ago, NemiTheNem said:

I made a thread to keep track of options the community puts forth.

I think a good option for LoS in general would be "If it breaks it doesn't exist."  So only walls, floors, and a closed door, would stop an ability. 

This, I think, could save a lot of work? Instead of checking each enemy the game would draw sphere and if there's a wall just stop the ability there. Then apply effect to all enemies inside the remaining shape

Sadly, this still doesn't remove the ultimate fun-killing issue of I have this 80m range ability but this wall keeps me from killing the mob 6m away. 

• Like 1

Just now, Pseudozz said:

Sadly, this still doesn't remove the ultimate fun-killing issue of I have this 80m range ability but this wall keeps me from killing the mob 6m away. 

Yeah, but it'd stop the little stuff and ally and enemy bodies from wrecking the casts.

Another option is to make solid objects count, say double for range calculations.

I really don't like the LoS. Dante feels better now and I can start softening my heart to DE because they'renfinally fixing LoS. But the fact is, I don't think we're getting a revert

18 hours ago, Pseudozz said:

2. Reduce base range. 

Option 1 is absolutely the best. All this LoS nonsense started because Dante was nuking Hydron. Tragedy dmg itself may be enough to nuke a low level mission such as Hydron, but it's totally irrelevant in SP and endgame missions. On the other hand, if you tell DE to nerf range, they'll its range smaller than Dark Verse.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Pseudozz said:

2. Reduce base range. 

Rebecca already said about this on devshort?: IF they remove LoS they need to reduce the range, because it's the skill with largest range.

• Like 1