Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

Suggestion: Invincibility duration mod

I suggest a mod that extends invincibility duration of Warframes. That would reduce the unbalance Overguard created between new and older Warframes. For example Excalibur would be able to rely on his 1 to survive, without needing helminth or whatever, shield gate reliant Warframes will also have an easier time surviving, and Warframes that rely on rolling guard will also benefit from it.

Overall, it will reduce the dependency on Overguard and give a boost to older Warframes.

(The new mod could also be reliant on % max HP, to make hp more relevant, maybe even a new Vitality mod)

Edited by Wirlort
Typo

We already have an invincibility mod, it's Rolling Guard. Fast Deflection and Brief Respite are for shield gating. Then we have blue shards, Adaptation, Pillage, Eclipse, Protective Sling, and the list goes on. Are these not what you are aiming for? If not, why?

• Like 3

Shield gating is uncomfortable in late game since it is destroyed very fast and you have a small duration to fill it up or else you die instantly, and like I mentioned, Overguard became the new best thing and overshadowed everything else since it has a lot of benefits and it generally gives higher resistance amount than shields (since it scales with strength mods, which is very convenient in this current meta). To balance things out, an invincibility extension mod will be a very useful buff (if you didn't understand the concept, like I mentioned in my example, Excalibur's 1 gives invulnerability for a small duration, with this new mod, he will have his invulnerability for longer and thus staying safe for a longer period, which removes the need to "spam or die".) for Warframes that do rely on shield gating and especially the ones that are forced to shield gate since it's their only survive option in late game.

3 hours ago, Wirlort said:

Shield gating is uncomfortable in late game since it is destroyed very fast and you have a small duration to fill it up or else you die instantly, and like I mentioned, Overguard became the new best thing and overshadowed everything else since it has a lot of benefits and it generally gives higher resistance amount than shields (since it scales with strength mods, which is very convenient in this current meta). To balance things out, an invincibility extension mod will be a very useful buff (if you didn't understand the concept, like I mentioned in my example, Excalibur's 1 gives invulnerability for a small duration, with this new mod, he will have his invulnerability for longer and thus staying safe for a longer period, which removes the need to "spam or die".) for Warframes that do rely on shield gating and especially the ones that are forced to shield gate since it's their only survive option in late game.

I'm still unsure. Take Mirage, for example, who never becomes invulnerable when casting her abilities, if I remember correctly. So, what would this mod do? Would it simply extend the invulnerability offered by abilities that already grant a certain amount of it, leaving her unchanged?

I believe shield gating is very well balanced and properly designed since its rework. In case you missed this detail, you can prolong the invulnerability time by having or generating larger shields. This effect resets whenever they're destroyed. The cap is at 2.5 seconds for shields equal to or above 1100; that provides ample time to react and doesn't make the gameplay too easy or too hard, even when enemies would otherwise one-shot you.