Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Lich host migration as host

rainbow83805

Question

First time posting, so I don't even know if this is in the right group.

Twice now, in lich showdowns that I've hosted, once I get back to my railjack, the rest of the squad is gone. The first time, I didn't know what happened, thought they'd all left themselves, so I headed back to drydock. I didn't realized I'd "left too early" until one of them messaged me assuming I'd done it on purpose. The second time, I made sure everyone left the lich ship and were getting back on the railjack. I board, and they're gone again. I'm assuming it was a host migration again because my game lagged momentarily like it does any other time there's a host migration. 

My question is, is there a surefire way to avoid this happening any other time I end up as host? I hate that I caused other players to have to redo the showdown because I don't know how to stop it.

Edited by rainbow83805

5 answers to this question

Sounds like a bottleneck hiccup. Like when you suspend the process in resource monitor to get you into a solo lobby for GTA, but here the game does it for you. 

Have some logging software or just task manager open next time to see if anything (CPU GPU or disk utilization reaches 100% just before and drops significantly during those freezes)  is causing a bottleneck.

when I had freezes like that it was because I still had my OS and the game on an HDD and for this age of gaming those just don't cut it anymore you need an SSD and at least 16 gigs of ram so it doesn't run out and go to the SWAP file.

23 hours ago, EDM774 said:

Sounds like a bottleneck hiccup. Like when you suspend the process in resource monitor to get you into a solo lobby for GTA, but here the game does it for you. 

Have some logging software or just task manager open next time to see if anything (CPU GPU or disk utilization reaches 100% just before and drops significantly during those freezes)  is causing a bottleneck.

when I had freezes like that it was because I still had my OS and the game on an HDD and for this age of gaming those just don't cut it anymore you need an SSD and at least 16 gigs of ram so it doesn't run out and go to the SWAP file.

I'm actually playing on PS4, so I don't have the option to do that, lol. Forgot to mention that in the post. That does make sense, though, PS4 tends to act weird with a lot of the other apps on it (especially streaming services)

15 hours ago, rainbow83805 said:

I'm actually playing on PS4, so I don't have the option to do that, lol. Forgot to mention that in the post. That does make sense, though, PS4 tends to act weird with a lot of the other apps on it (especially streaming services)

ah that sucks, but you can still get some usage out of the console if it's running an HDD and you swap to an SSD. if you already have one then it's probably overheating and needs a good dusting, or just the console showing it's age... or all 3.

8 hours ago, EDM774 said:

ah that sucks, but you can still get some usage out of the console if it's running an HDD and you swap to an SSD. if you already have one then it's probably overheating and needs a good dusting, or just the console showing it's age... or all 3.

Yeah, that could be. I've had this thing for 4 or 5 years now, but haven't been able to upgrade yet. Hopefully soon, though, lol