Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost buffs with new cold proc changes ?

Sevenus.

With the new cold proc changes announced in the recent devstream (for those who don't know - cold procs will be able to completely freeze enemies now)

will frost get any changes to his abilities along the way? im not talking about revamping his kit, but perhaps increase the number of cold procs he inflicts ?

• Like 2

So it really depends on how they do it. Frost for instance on all his Abilities have a 600% Status Chance.

From the Dev Workshop it states a "New Status Cap", which currently Cold has a status cap of 9.

I think that for Frost, at least his 1 & 4 should do a guaranteed max stacks, since they completely freeze targets.

Ice Wave, the "damage ability" really should have some kind of effect like "Deals double damage against Frozen Targets" or something.

- I would also say that the Augment Ice Wave Impedance leaves a trail of Ice, it would be nice if that built up Cold Status as well or did some sustained cold damage since it leaves an effect.

Anyways those are my thoughts

• Like 1

Il y a 21 heures, Sevenus. a dit :

With the new cold proc changes announced in the recent devstream (for those who don't know - cold procs will be able to completely freeze enemies now)

will frost get any changes to his abilities along the way? im not talking about revamping his kit, but perhaps increase the number of cold procs he inflicts ?

It's "unnecessary" for Frost to be buffed further (you could do it, but he's already in a good place). Freeze, Ice Wave and Avalanche all inflict 6 guaranteed Cold procs that last for standard status duration (6s) with no regards to his ability duration stat. If anything, if they make it so Cold gets a 10th proc and enemies are fully freezed at the 10th, then you guarantee Biting Frost to apply to pretty much anything that's not Overguarded.

In fact... you could even have any Warframe outright full freeze any enemy, thanks to Ice Wave being a subsume.

14 hours ago, Mr_Stach said:

So it really depends on how they do it. Frost for instance on all his Abilities have a 600% Status Chance.

From the Dev Workshop it states a "New Status Cap", which currently Cold has a status cap of 9.

I think that for Frost, at least his 1 & 4 should do a guaranteed max stacks, since they completely freeze targets.

Ice Wave, the "damage ability" really should have some kind of effect like "Deals double damage against Frozen Targets" or something.

- I would also say that the Augment Ice Wave Impedance leaves a trail of Ice, it would be nice if that built up Cold Status as well or did some sustained cold damage since it leaves an effect.

Anyways those are my thoughts

If number of stacks needed to freeze is 12 or less than ice wave would serve as a great primer and cc ability and yes ice wave impedance being like Oberon's hallowed ground would do wonders for frost survivability.

I think this will be a nice buff to frost. I've already started working on some weapons builds to leverage cold procs. I think that it's unlikely that Frost will need to be changed at all if Avalanche guarantees freeze anyways. Whether you freeze at 10+ won't matter if you can freeze with one of his most spammed AoE abilities. Increased freezing from Freeze Force or abilities will be a bonus, as will any increased crit multipliers.

By far, more than anything, what Frost needs is iframes during his 4 cast, like Dante has iframes for his 2. Without that the frame is always going to be very limited, I think. It's insane how limiting this is right now, I have to burn 2 tauforged amber shards just to make it bearable, and it's still many times slower than it should be.