Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question about a shield ability

Your_DOOOOM

Question

So sometimes when I'm playing on a team, my shields will go from normal to an insane number (like 20,000 shield). I know that one of the team members has to have an ability or mod that gives shields to all the team members. I'm trying to find what frame/mod is allowing this. I can't seem to find an answer on Google. 

4 answers to this question

As @WindShadow970 said. There's a bit of a color destinction between Shields (default color is light blue) and Overguard (which has more of a teal tint to it) Overguard will also stack on top of your shields so you'll effectively have 3 different health pools (Overguard, Shields and then lastly Health) of which both Overguard and Shields both have a "gate" mechanic givinig you a small window of invulnerability on break.

To the point of receiving Overguard (OG) from allies, there's 3 frames that can do this (as mentioned by WindShadow above) Dante, Frost and Styanax all have the potential to grant you OG. So whenever you see one of these in your squad and you see a third light teal "heal bar" appear on top of your shields, that's Overguard!

Edited by LittleLeoniePrime
removed unintentional insulting sounding phrase.

WIth a Hildryn with electrical elemental ward and max strength, with a invigoration and 2x from a fissure buff, can probably get your whole team to over 20k shields.

My Hildryn usually goes to between 3k and 8k (for party members) normally. If you add your own overguard while near her you may get to 9k. 20k is a bit hard, unless you want to forsake any actual effectiveness. Some people put more shield mods, which should also help. I just have Primed redirection.

Edited by VENDOMINUS

On 2024-04-27 at 2:58 PM, LittleLeoniePrime said:

As @WindShadow970 said. There's a bit of a color destinction between Shields (default color is light blue) and Overguard (which has more of a teal tint to it) Overguard will also stack on top of your shields so you'll effectively have 3 different health pools (Overguard, Shields and then lastly Health) of which both Overguard and Shields both have a "gate" mechanic givinig you a small window of invulnerability on break.

To the point of receiving Overguard (OG) from allies, there's 3 frames that can do this (as mentioned by WindShadow above) Dante, Frost and Styanax all have the potential to grant you OG. So whenever you see one of these in your squad and you see a third light teal "heal bar" appear on top of your shields, that's Overguard!

I would also mention that some abilities and effects that add shields, like the Augur mod set, can add Overshields if your shields are already at max, which will change your shield's color to purple.

Edited by (NSW)Cephalon_Sugma
added "already"