Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

Nidus augument Parasitic Vitality

I feel there is a massive bug with this new aug as mentioned in another post; the player recipient of the parasite cannot do anything nor interact with post-mortem

Attaching the link to a player does what it is expected, give ability strength, more health, and a bunch of cosmetic changes. However, after playing with this augment equipped and having other Nidus players use this in my squad, going down while under effects of the link forces the frame to instantly die, bypass and/or ignore the 20 second timer, and be unable to self-revive while staying stuck at the downed pose. 
What makes it worse is that players equipped with "Last Gasp" on operator are forced to roam in their operator form, permanently invisible, and unable to interact in any way save for a slowed movement.

This has happened thrice so far - twice by my hand at playing nidus, and once while playing with another user equipped with Nidus.

I would like to know if anyone else is experiencing this.

• Like 1

Came to report the same thing.

Me and my friend were messing around in simulacrum and found out that the Max Hp gain from parasitic vitality instantly revives a dead player.

If hp increases post-mortem(Through any type of healing), the player will live freely.

if Hp Decreases post-mortem, the player will instantly enter a permanent death and be locked out of the game with no allowed control.

So far, as OP said, Perma death happens from dying while linked, or from losing the linked buff while your hp is very low. It may also happen if Nidus links you while you're bleeding out, it's a toss of the coin for that one.

In post-death you cannot open the menu to leave, as such closing the app or waiting for mission failure is the only available option.

I don't need to mention how bad this could be for griefing. If someone dies and there's a Nidus nearby, you can say goodbye to your 20 minutes of farming because you'll get nothing out of it.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I've noticed this this issue too. all of my friends who have gone down while I've been attached to them with the link have been stuck in that bug state

Edited by Joshua1462