Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bad experiences in Warframe due to terrible game design

Faultron

1. Elemental damage like impact, heat, electric, blast, cold and radiation are not coop friendly, and not even good in solo play for lot of warframes. For example these destroy Octavia mallet damage or Rhino armor accumulation is a lot lower. Solution: make damage types compatible with frame abilities and coop play.

2.Duviri. This game mode is good, but has nothing to do with warframe, just like lot of things in warframe. And the worst thing is it is a forced content, since incarnon upgrades are tied to this game mode. In the circuit there is a huge second problem too. Weapon (warframes too, but less painful problem) which are not upgraded with catalyst are still rolled, steelpath with these weapons are not viable. Also the default loadout in circuit is not using armor strip elements is stupid, forcing me to have armor strip loadout on every weapon before i join. Currently if i roll a gun which is not using potato, i am forced to use default mod setup, since it is the only way to play with maxed out mod slots, bur i wont have armor strip which is huge problem. And if try to customize mods i am capped at 30 mods slot...Solution: Deafult mod setup should include armor strip capabilities like corrosive or heat, since most enemies in duviri are armored. Do not roll weapons and warframes which have not yet installed orokin catalyst/reactor, or make it sure they come upgraded and we can cutomize our mods not restricted by 30 mod slot.

3 .Kuva , tenet weapons, not only this is very grindy, confusing on how i can get these and how to use parazon, but it is very annoying as well. why? Because once activated it will annoy me with messages, robbing credits etc...i am forced to complete this very fast with top priority. I cant just play 2-3 mission a day for example and do something else, i will suffer otherwise for weeks. These missions are very long.

4. For some reason enabling crossplay in the options is not enough i still need to enable within clan system too otherwise i cant trade with console players since i cant invite them into my dojo.Maybe this is a bug, but i find this very bad that i have to enable this feature in 2 ways. I didnt know for weeks what is the problem why i cant trade with some of the players. I discovered the solution by accident. Pls make sure if someone enables crossplay for matchmaking, they can invite players into dojo. Or make sure there is a warning in the options when i enable crossplay, that i need to enable crossplay in dojo as well.

5. Missions like void flood and where we need to collect murmur eyes are terrible. Not only this mode is made for Titania, but collecting the murmur eyes takes ages and the mission never spawns enough eyes. I dont understand whats happening there, why there is no more spawn. If there is only 2-3 eyes why the mission is still active and not progressing when i already collected the eyes. Maybe there is a way to spawn more eyes???, but it is not explained how. It is like the mission is looping, waiting for something, but i dont know for what. I know the mission has cycles or what which i dont like, but spawning 2-3 eye is very low per cycle.

6. Necramech. To this day i dont understand why necramech is required to progress in campaign and for other content in general. Necramech is a huge investment and another forced content which had nothing to do with warframe core gameplay. After 4 yrs break due to heart of deimos update, this year i decided to get necramech. I am dissapointed that necramech is not needed for anything in the game, and my investment was huge but pointless. I am not asking fro necramech content, i am asking why necramech is needed at all to progress at all. There is nothing ingame which requires necramech, there is no full necramech missions, partial mission can be found in railjack only. So why i was blocked from progression until i get necramech, which is only required in railjack missions. (thank god it is not required in other missions)

7. I am sick and tired to digging up the internet, mainly warframe wiki and youtube to get any, even basic information to play and progress in this game. (on top of this warframe wiki can have false info too.) I have 1300 hrs in warframe 300 hrs is for sure surfing the web for info. Pls do some ingame tooltip and other helpful info, I got lost so many times in this game.

8. I am sick and tired about item collecting and that i lost lot of items due to not picking it up. On defense, mission ends, there is no evac, this is problem: there is a chance we cant pick up loot on last wave. We have vacuum on companion but the range of it is a joke. In coop, within mission which are not defense, collecting loot is huge problem still. It was a problem in 2013 and it is a problem today, i hate playing missions which are not defense type, everybody runs 4 direction and loot can be lost easily especially loot from "minibosses"/bosses. Why cant we have automatic loot pickup on everything except orbs with infinite range? Other solution could be some items being a chests/endgame reward exclusive.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Faultron said:

1. Elemental damage like impact, heat, electric, blast, cold and radiation are not coop friendly, and not even good in solo play for lot of warframes. For example these destroy Octavia mallet damage or Rhino armor accumulation is a lot lower. Solution: make damage types compatible with frame abilities and coop play.

Impact is not considered elemental damage, it is physical. What do you mean not coop friendly? How do they destroy Octavia Mallet damage? Is this some badly translated message or jjust someone who doesnt understand basics?

50 minutes ago, Faultron said:

2.Duviri. This game mode is good, but has nothing to do with warframe, just like lot of things in warframe. And the worst thing is it is a forced content, since incarnon upgrades are tied to this game mode.

Conclave is not forced because it is not tied to this game mode annd see how many people play it. Of course it needs to be tied to main game mode, else it is a dead content. Northing is forced, Incarnon Genesis is not mandatory, you can get plenty Top-Notch Incarnon from Zariman.

51 minutes ago, Faultron said:

Also the default loadout in circuit is not using armor strip elements is stupid, forcing me to have armor strip loadout on every weapon before i join.

First, armor strip in Circuit even SP even to 4000 lvl is completely irrelevant, maybe beside Jackal. Second, Unairu.

53 minutes ago, Faultron said:

And if try to customize mods i am capped at 30 mods slot...Solution: Deafult mod setup should include armor strip capabilities like corrosive or heat, since most enemies in duviri are armored.

I have made plenty of 30 capped builds better than Default setups in Duviri.

54 minutes ago, Faultron said:

Do not roll weapons and warframes which have not yet installed orokin catalyst/reactor, or make it sure they come upgraded and we can cutomize our mods not restricted by 30 mod slot.

Warframe is a game about getting things and rankning them up. How do you propose they motivate you to get more things and build them if not like this? Wait till you see EDA, lol.

55 minutes ago, Faultron said:

3 .Kuva , tenet weapons, not only this is very grindy

Grinding in grind-shooter? Wow, so distruptive. Do not like it? Do not do it. It is optional game content.

56 minutes ago, Faultron said:

Because once activated it will annoy me with messages, robbing credits etc...i am forced to complete this very fast with top priority. I cant just play 2-3 mission a day for example and do something else, i will suffer otherwise for weeks. These missions are very long.

Yes, you totally can ignore it. It doesnt steal anything, just borrows.

58 minutes ago, Faultron said:

5. Missions like void flood and where we need to collect murmur eyes are terrible. Not only this mode is made for Titania, but collecting the murmur eyes takes ages and the mission never spawns enough eyes.

Do not need Titania, just Void Dash. There is plenty of eyes if you summon more conduits (most people do not do it).

1 hour ago, Faultron said:

I am not asking fro necramech content, i am asking why necramech is needed at all to progress at all.

I am fairly sure certain missios will be very hard if you do not own necramech (Orphix). And some can be trivialized if you do. It is just another tool in the shed. 

7. I am sick and tired to digging up the internet, mainly warframe wiki and youtube to get any, even basic information to play and progress in this game. (on top of this warframe wiki can have false info too.) I have 1300 hrs in warframe 300 hrs is for sure surfing the web for info. Pls do some ingame tooltip and other helpful info, I got lost so many times in this game.

This may not be the game for you then. If you have trouble reading with comprehension and searching for valuable information. If 300 hours surfing didnt teach you the basics you may have a problem. You get lost to be found. That is the whole point.

8. I am sick and tired about item collecting and that i lost lot of items due to not picking it up. On defense, mission ends, there is no evac, this is problem: there is a chance we cant pick up loot on last wave. We have vacuum on companion but the range of it is a joke.

It is still better than no vacuum. Mission waves are numbered. You can pick stuff between waves if you want to. Mission ending on defence with no evac is known beforehand fact, it is not like you get surprised every time you play one.

In coop, within mission which are not defense, collecting loot is huge problem still.

I do not have any problem. I use map overlay and parkour. I often nuke whole map so the loot is everywhere.

All in all, looking at your language (hate, sick and tired, bad experience, terrible game design, confusing, huge problem, disappointed, forced, annoy me, I will suffer... and so on) unless this game offers you extraordinary positive boost to counter all that negativity, you should not be playing it. And even if you get a positive boost, you still shouldnt be playing it, because it is not good for you emotionally, such rollercoaster of emotions. It is a defintion of toxic relationship. Not every game is for everyone.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Zakkhar said:

All in all, looking at your language (hate, sick and tired, bad experience, terrible game design, confusing, huge problem, disappointed, forced, annoy me, I will suffer... and so on) unless this game offers you extraordinary positive boost to counter all that negativity, you should not be playing it. And even if you get a positive boost, you still shouldnt be playing it, because it is not good for you emotionally, such rollercoaster of emotions. It is a defintion of toxic relationship. Not every game is for everyone.

I have to agree. I read the OP but have no where near the patience to lay out everything as you did.  :clap:

26 minutes ago, BowserNC said:

Best conclusion ever. I couldn't agree more with what you said in your post.

I agree with it as well.

Arrowhead studios, the makers of Helldivers 2, have a similar message on their front page: "A game for everyone is a game for no one."

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Do not need Titania, just Void Dash. There is plenty of eyes if you summon more conduits (most people do not do it).

I don't even use my operator. One can be good at parkour and bullet jumping as well. Setting crouch to a mouse thumb button so you're alternating thumbs instead of mangling a pinkie makes a world of difference.

2 hours ago, Mazifet said:

"A game for everyone is a game for no one."

So very true. Diversity in games (and many other things) keeps them from looking like a sea of oatmeal.

• Like 1

Il y a 6 heures, Faultron a dit :

If you meant that as in "crowd control = iron skin / mallet won't ramp up as fast", well I'm sorry to say but the game doesn't revolve around these two abilities.

For Iron Skin specifically, that ability only absorbs damage for 3 seconds. If you were taking damage at a constant rate for 10 million damage a second, you'd get 30 million overguard + iron skin's normal amount, which would only last another 3 seconds + something like 10 miliseconds, assuming the damage per second that you'd take wouldn't change.

For Mallet, the damage can theorically ramp up infinitely, but it eventually reaches a point where enemies can't even survive a single second to boost it further. Worst case scenario, it doesn't ramp up at all because all enemies are perma cc'd, you could still find a way to kill them anyway, for all I care you have guns and swords in this game. Not everyone likes to afk in a corner while getting rickrolled for an hour farming for nanospores.

Eitherway, it has nothing to do with damage types.

2.Duviri. This game mode is good, but has nothing to do with warframe, just like lot of things in warframe. And the worst thing is it is a forced content, since incarnon upgrades are tied to this game mode. In the circuit there is a huge second problem too. Weapon (warframes too, but less painful problem) which are not upgraded with catalyst are still rolled, steelpath with these weapons are not viable. Also the default loadout in circuit is not using armor strip elements is stupid, forcing me to have armor strip loadout on every weapon before i join. Currently if i roll a gun which is not using potato, i am forced to use default mod setup, since it is the only way to play with maxed out mod slots, bur i wont have armor strip which is huge problem. And if try to customize mods i am capped at 30 mods slot...Solution: Deafult mod setup should include armor strip capabilities like corrosive or heat, since most enemies in duviri are armored. Do not roll weapons and warframes which have not yet installed orokin catalyst/reactor, or make it sure they come upgraded and we can cutomize our mods not restricted by 30 mod slot.

You have decrees. None of your moding matters when decrees are so broken op. They combo into one another to the point where you can blast everything with your operator better than your Warframe eventually. The number of enemies who specifically require their armor to be stripped is very limited, the corrupted is an even split between armor based enemies and shield based enemies. Not only that, but you have various access to Corrosive through just decrees and several decrees will also grant you access to Toxin. Plus, aside from Defense and Excavation, nothing's ever really complicated. Not to mention the fact that they made the gamemode like ESO where if you lose a round or die for good, then you retain all the progress you've made up until previous round. For some "forced content that has nothing to do with Warframe", it's kind of a hypocritical take, since getting the incarnon adapters is through the Circuit, in which Drifter gameplay is entierly absent, unless you consider having to grind for overworld resources to be "gameplay", which it is not, it's instead 6 normal (for the most part) missions in a loop with rng bonuses and faster enemy scaling, nothing more.

3 .Kuva , tenet weapons, not only this is very grindy, confusing on how i can get these and how to use parazon, but it is very annoying as well. why? Because once activated it will annoy me with messages, robbing credits etc...i am forced to complete this very fast with top priority. I cant just play 2-3 mission a day for example and do something else, i will suffer otherwise for weeks. These missions are very long.

You "suffer for weeks" on a single planet at a time. If you're looking for specific resources, there's always more than one option to farm for it, if you're looking to get the weapons, they're powerhouses that you should work for, not just have them handed over, they are intentionally a grind, it's not supposed to be a 3 missions quick job. Requiem mods and parazon in general was a mistake imo, but it's nothing that's complicated once you've already got the ball rolling. The initial requiem relic grind is the real chore, anything else after is smooth sailing.

4. For some reason enabling crossplay in the options is not enough i still need to enable within clan system too otherwise i cant trade with console players since i cant invite them into my dojo.Maybe this is a bug, but i find this very bad that i have to enable this feature in 2 ways. I didnt know for weeks what is the problem why i cant trade with some of the players. I discovered the solution by accident. Pls make sure if someone enables crossplay for matchmaking, they can invite players into dojo. Or make sure there is a warning in the options when i enable crossplay, that i need to enable crossplay in dojo as well.

Never had that issue. Unless you're trying to trade someone who's on console, I don't think you need to have your dojo/clan with crossplay enabled. It's janky, but functional, like other Warframe features.

5. Missions like void flood and where we need to collect murmur eyes are terrible. Not only this mode is made for Titania, but collecting the murmur eyes takes ages and the mission never spawns enough eyes. I dont understand whats happening there, why there is no more spawn. If there is only 2-3 eyes why the mission is still active and not progressing when i already collected the eyes. Maybe there is a way to spawn more eyes???, but it is not explained how. It is like the mission is looping, waiting for something, but i dont know for what. I know the mission has cycles or what which i dont like, but spawning 2-3 eye is very low per cycle.

Nah. You got this wrong. It's a parkour skill issue. You get your bulletjump back if you jump off a wall, which you can aim upwards. That means you can basically fly (or fall with style). With any frame. The mission in question being the assassinate, all you need to do is grab the serum, put it in the vitrium, grab the eyes that get spawned, then kill enemies within the yellow circle to reveal more eyes faster, you can also activate several vitrium at once after the first, up to three can be running at once, you get to move closer to the next zone at 8 and 18 murmur eyes 30 being the final one (if you don't do the final form in SP, which you have no reason to if you already cleared it once). All it's waiting for, is you killing enemies in the radius.

6. Necramech. To this day i dont understand why necramech is required to progress in campaign and for other content in general. Necramech is a huge investment and another forced content which had nothing to do with warframe core gameplay. After 4 yrs break due to heart of deimos update, this year i decided to get necramech. I am dissapointed that necramech is not needed for anything in the game, and my investment was huge but pointless. I am not asking fro necramech content, i am asking why necramech is needed at all to progress at all. There is nothing ingame which requires necramech, there is no full necramech missions, partial mission can be found in railjack only. So why i was blocked from progression until i get necramech, which is only required in railjack missions. (thank god it is not required in other missions)

Because lore? I mean, it's not like you need to do much of anything with operator, but I don't see anyone cry about it (as of lately, it was its own topic a couple years back), probably because everyone loves the free energy regen that comes with it.

Il y a 7 heures, Faultron a dit :

Have you tried looking into your Codex? Most basic needed knowledge is in there. If you're willing to look for it. Hovering on stuff in upgrading screens will usually tell you stuff you'd want to know.

Il y a 7 heures, Faultron a dit :

8. I am sick and tired about item collecting and that i lost lot of items due to not picking it up. On defense, mission ends, there is no evac, this is problem: there is a chance we cant pick up loot on last wave. We have vacuum on companion but the range of it is a joke. In coop, within mission which are not defense, collecting loot is huge problem still. It was a problem in 2013 and it is a problem today, i hate playing missions which are not defense type, everybody runs 4 direction and loot can be lost easily especially loot from "minibosses"/bosses. Why cant we have automatic loot pickup on everything except orbs with infinite range? Other solution could be some items being a chests/endgame reward exclusive.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Greedy_Pull

Thank me later.

Warframe players who are farming resources will usually camp up a spot in Survival, with a Nekros + Khora setup, other than that, it's your responsability to pick up stuff if you need any, use Loot Radar as an Aura if you specifically need to know where the loot is.

Like previous posters said here already, if you're in a hate relationship with the game, you should probably not play it. If you're trying to get everything fully upgraded, fully ranked and full optimized, you have eleven years worth of content to go through, it IS going to be a "full time job" if your goal is to collect everything.

• Like 2