Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trouble joining public lobbies

Styxcz

Question

Hey so I have this problem for a long time already and it is also a reason why I dislike playing Warframe at times. So basically whenever I try to join a public lobby a lot of times it will either end in the screen saying "Connection to the host has been lost" or where I join into a mission of others and it ends up being empty and noone joins. I have forwarded the ports already like advised and I am pretty sure my connection is stable enough. Any tips to overcome this problem?

10 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Styxcz said:

Hey so I have this problem for a long time already and it is also a reason why I dislike playing Warframe at times. So basically whenever I try to join a public lobby a lot of times it will either end in the screen saying "Connection to the host has been lost" or where I join into a mission of others and it ends up being empty and noone joins. I have forwarded the ports already like advised and I am pretty sure my connection is stable enough. Any tips to overcome this problem?

I believe this problem happens when the host abruptly exits the mission before you even load the map. Some hosts unfortunately are impatient with something, and leave the mission even before the squad loads the phase, causing an error in host migration. There isn't much that can be done, unless DE implements dedicated servers, which is unlikely as it is more expensive.

I cannot say for sure this will solve your problem, but try going into Options and on the System tab setting your Matchmaking Ping Limit to 100 (the lowest setting).  While that setting will limit the availability of the groups you join, the ones you do join will have a much more reliable connection.

I used to get very frustrated with host migration issues and ever since I was advised to and set that value to 100 my group connection reliability was far better and I really haven't noticed any significant time change when queuing for groups.

A second option is after you start a mission and no one joins after 20-30 seconds, exit the mission, literally count to 10 and then re-queue.  I can't tell you how many times that's worked for me, but it does.  I'll start a mission during prime time that I figure lots of people will be running and no one joins my group.  I then exit, count to 10, re-queue and end up joining a full group.  It happens to me so often that I'm sure there's a problem with DE's queuing logic, but since I can't reliably reproduce it, I can't submit a bug report.  But the workaround of exiting then re-entering the queue is not terrible so it's probably why DE hasn't had enough people complaining about the issue to properly fix it.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Gelos.Prime:

I cannot say for sure this will solve your problem, but try going into Options and on the System tab setting your Matchmaking Ping Limit to 100 (the lowest setting).  While that setting will limit the availability of the groups you join, the ones you do join will have a much more reliable connection.

I used to get very frustrated with host migration issues and ever since I was advised to and set that value to 100 my group connection reliability was far better and I really haven't noticed any significant time change when queuing for groups.

A second option is after you start a mission and no one joins after 20-30 seconds, exit the mission, literally count to 10 and then re-queue.  I can't tell you how many times that's worked for me, but it does.  I'll start a mission during prime time that I figure lots of people will be running and no one joins my group.  I then exit, count to 10, re-queue and end up joining a full group.  It happens to me so often that I'm sure there's a problem with DE's queuing logic, but since I can't reliably reproduce it, I can't submit a bug report.  But the workaround of exiting then re-entering the queue is not terrible so it's probably why DE hasn't had enough people complaining about the issue to properly fix it.

Hope this helps!

I'll try that and see if it helps, I had it on the standard 300 all the time

Edited by Styxcz

Not really working. Another case it happens is in bounties in sanctum where I join others and I see their bars for a second and then they disappear and I am alone. And usually it happens that the door bug occurs where the first door won't open for example in disruption

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Styxcz said:

Not really working. Another case it happens is in bounties in sanctum where I join others and I see their bars for a second and then they disappear and I am alone. And usually it happens that the door bug occurs where the first door won't open for example in disruption

yeah this has become more common recently and I think it has more to do with what Frame I decide to run with. I swap out my frame of choice quite a lot but if I run a Mirage or Saryn very often people see my frame and simply depart. Also I imagine many players that find overgaurd to be a hindrance to their playstyle might run if in a public mission when a Dante player turns up. With void fissures it has also as far as i can see become an issue that when players join a team and they dont see anyone with a relic they want they just leave before mission start etc. So many reasons but my personal solution is to simply load a mission and then click away that wait time for people to join and start solo........other can still join if you are in mission and for me that works well enough. I might be wrong but i get the feeling that many players have become really picky as opposed to just joining in and having fun.

Edited by johnno23

vor 4 Stunden schrieb johnno23:

yeah this has become more common recently and I think it has more to do with what Frame I decide to run with. I swap out my frame of choice quite a lot but if I run a Mirage or Saryn very often people see my frame and simply depart. Also I imagine many players that find overgaurd to be a hindrance to their playstyle might run if in a public mission when a Dante player turns up. With void fissures it has also as far as i can see become an issue that when players join a team and they dont see anyone with a relic they want they just leave before mission start etc. So many reasons but my personal solution is to simply load a mission and then click away that wait time for people to join and start solo........other can still join if you are in mission and for me that works well enough. I might be wrong but i get the feeling that many players have become really picky as opposed to just joining in and having fun.

I dont think its an issue like that on my side. It happens too frequently to be an issue so I highly assume its a connection issue.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Styxcz said:

I highly assume its a connection issue.

have you tried the usual suspects like unplugging the router for a minute or 2 then plugging the power cord back in to clear any possible cache corruption ? have you tried using any settings in your router that allows you to monitor and graph your connections etc. You could try using a VPN to see if your connection issues are improved or remain the same. oh and check your router firmware as possibly it might have an update that improves things.

Edited by johnno23

vor 7 Minuten schrieb johnno23:

have you tried the usual suspects like unplugging the router for a minute or 2 then plugging the power cord back in to clear any possible cache corruption ? have you tried using any settings in your router that allows you to monitor and graph your connections etc. You could try using a VPN to see if your connection issues are improved or remain the same. oh and check your router firmware as possibly it might have an update that improves things.

All of them tried, unfortunately none works permanently

Posted (edited)

Just wondering now if you have your own router or a router from the ISP?

I previously had my own quite expensive router and periods of issues with connectivity but then the local ISP upgraded to optical lines and my router could only act as an extension or bridge but could not be connected to the optical input. So I was forced to use the bog standard unit from the ISP with wifi and 4 x ethernet. Upside however whilst I cannot login and mess with settings as it is locked down the connection issues vanished completely. I was wondering if you have your own router and possibly a unit from your ISP and if you have tried swapping them etc.?

Edited by johnno23

vor 10 Stunden schrieb johnno23:

Just wondering now if you have your own router or a router from the ISP?

I previously had my own quite expensive router and periods of issues with connectivity but then the local ISP upgraded to optical lines and my router could only act as an extension or bridge but could not be connected to the optical input. So I was forced to use the bog standard unit from the ISP with wifi and 4 x ethernet. Upside however whilst I cannot login and mess with settings as it is locked down the connection issues vanished completely. I was wondering if you have your own router and possibly a unit from your ISP and if you have tried swapping them etc.?

Router is from the ISP however i can change settings like portfowarding and such. Had an own router before and the problem was still there.