Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What does this mean?

ChewyPrime8509

Question

6 answers to this question

9 минут назад, ChewyPrime8509 сказал:

So I was doing the Whispers in the walls quest, and one of my random pickups looked like this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hLnzg3bxQeGeeGnslrRAaELYhF_0kLeL/view?usp=drivesdk

does anyone else get this?

It means the game can't find some of its assets, either because game files became corrupted or because DE did an oopsie. In first case you should verify and optimize your game cache files (can be done in the game launcher settings). In the second case just wait for a patch.

But generally it's not something worrying. Just a visual thing that shouldn't affect gameplay.

I'll add to what Tesla said, by saying this specific case of displaying the file path for localised descriptions often occurs when using weapons that use non-standard ways of reloading or ammo in general. For example if you were using a Hema (which when reloading drains your health) or possibly a Basmu as well (which will only reload on a completely empty mag and otherwise has a charge reload)

36 minutes ago, LittleLeoniePrime said:

I'll add to what Tesla said, by saying this specific case of displaying the file path for localised descriptions often occurs when using weapons that use non-standard ways of reloading or ammo in general. For example if you were using a Hema (which when reloading drains your health) or possibly a Basmu as well (which will only reload on a completely empty mag and otherwise has a charge reload)

Ok, That makes sense. I was using a the grimore and nataruk, which both have unlimited ammo

34 minutes ago, ChewyPrime8509 said:

Ok, That makes sense. I was using a the grimore and nataruk, which both have unlimited ammo

fair point there too! I never tried what would happen if you put ammo mutation ion a weapon with unlimited ammo. Guessing you're using Vigilante Supplies for the set bonus on the Nataruk(?) that's the only practical reason I could see at least lol

7 minutes ago, LittleLeoniePrime said:

fair point there too! I never tried what would happen if you put ammo mutation ion a weapon with unlimited ammo. Guessing you're using Vigilante Supplies for the set bonus on the Nataruk(?) that's the only practical reason I could see at least lol

Actually, no, the only mods I had put on there was serration and hornets strike at that point in time