Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ammo Reserves Overhaul

Toztman

I am making this thread to express my desire for DE to focus some of their energy on the way this game handles ammo reserves.  I think the ammo types are fine.  Pistols share, rifles share, etc.  This works great.  The thing that bothers me is the universal ammo reserve across a weapon platform.

I am petitioning that each weapon gets its own unique BASE AMMO RESERVE.

For obvious reasons, inventory space isn't up for debate cuz tenno space magic.  We already can carry 500+ spare OGRIS rockets.

But with the new system the LEX would have around 50 spare bullets, while the VIPER gets 450.

OGRIS gets 30 Rockets, Supra gets 600 spare ammo.  I really do not understand how this has gone on for so long.  It must be a small enough adjustment in the grand scope that it is slipping by DE for each update without any major concern.  It just bothers me that the ammo reserves in this game defy logical game design.

Damage per shot is a major factor which determines reserve ammo. It is a proven method.  I want to run out of Ogris and have to swap to my sidearm because power weapons should not get an ammo advantage.  I want the all-powerful BRAKK that shoots mega-shotgun shells to only have 50 spare rounds so I cannot steamroll the battlefield unless I pick up ammo from lockers and play more methodically.

What do you all think?  Do we need more logical ammo reserves?  I think so.  Mass effect 2 and 3 pulled off this method in spades.

And don't say mods for max ammo solve this problem because they are a ill-conceived patchwork solution.  They do not solve the OGRIS 500 rockets issue and they take up a VALUABLE mod slot.

Let people put the mods on after the base reserves are adjusted if they want, don't use them as the excuse to not update the reserves.

Edited by Toztman

Even if the brakk were nerfed to have a lower ammo reserve, even packing an extinguished key I simply could not run out of ammo in a derelict.

Even with every pellet doing like 1 damage and critting for 3, enough pistol ammo dropped that I was leaving pickups behind in every single room, as normal with every gun save sniper rifles, only because of how rarely sniper ammo actually drops

Ogris just needs to use sniper ammo, which is rarer.

This is a good short term fix I think, but I feel rockets should have even less reserve than a sniper.  You should have to calculate your usage when you wield an AoE destruction tool.

Even if the brakk were nerfed to have a lower ammo reserve, even packing an extinguished key I simply could not run out of ammo in a derelict.

Even with every pellet doing like 1 damage and critting for 3, enough pistol ammo dropped that I was leaving pickups behind in every single room, as normal with every gun save sniper rifles, only because of how rarely sniper ammo actually drops

Yeah some mission type spawn so many enemies that ammo is never a concern.  Part of the current design.  But that could be tweaked.  Now that team ammo replenish items exist, ammo drops could be considerable lessened.  This would get people to use the items and build team loadouts for ammo replenishment.

Edited by Toztman