The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mouse sensitivity way too high, even at 0 ingame.

NyxKitty

Question

Exactly as the title says. Windows settings are all default aside from disabling mouse acceleration, and in my configurator software I have the DPI set to 3200 during normal use. When playing Warframe, I have to back the DPI down to 1000 in order to have reasonable control over my camera movements, even with the ingame sensitivity set to zero in all sensitivity fields in the mouse/keyboard options menu. At 3200, moving from one edge of my (average size) mousepad to the other will spin the camera around ~8 times. This feels like a bug since it's way, way more sensitive than any other game I've played, but has anyone else experienced this? Is this intended behavior?

4 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

yup since i began years ago and simply adjusted mouse sensitivity for warframe and warframe only. Does not effect anything else and no issues since.

I will also mention that over time as I got used to the fluidity of movement within the game i began to increase the sensitivity as it is fun to jump over enemies turn midflight aim and shoot them. Very effective for staying alive and taking out somewhat more dangerous enemies.

EDIT: forgot to mention I used the sensitivity slider in the game settings so that was why it only applies to my situation of warframe only. I do have a simple button press on the mouse to change dpi but just leave that as is. Many modern gaming mice also allow config files for particular games but overall the slider whilst imperfect does a good enough job. Also simple as it is merely hit ESC open options adjust mouse settings save continue the fight.

Edited by johnno23
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, johnno23 said:

yup since i began years ago and simply adjusted mouse sensitivity for warframe and warframe only. Does not effect anything else and no issues since.

I will also mention that over time as I got used to the fluidity of movement within the game i began to increase the sensitivity as it is fun to jump over enemies turn midflight aim and shoot them. Very effective for staying alive and taking out somewhat more dangerous enemies.

EDIT: forgot to mention I used the sensitivity slider in the game settings so that was why it only applies to my situation of warframe only. I do have a simple button press on the mouse to change dpi but just leave that as is. Many modern gaming mice also allow config files for particular games but overall the slider whilst imperfect does a good enough job. Also simple as it is merely hit ESC open options adjust mouse settings save continue the fight.

Thanks for your reply. I do have the option of making a profile for Warframe, so that's probably what I'll do.

• Like 1

My in-game sensitivity sliders are all the way down to zero, mostly because they cause stuttery cursor movement that looks absolutely awful (presumably scaling up the movement, making large jumps, making it appear as stutter) - maybe your sensitivity is ok if you do the same, you probably don't want the game to be scaling up cursor movement that way regardless.

I think this drastically changes whether you're playing fullscreen or borderless. Sometimes it takes over windows sensitivity and ignores in game input. Try out and see what happens.