The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help with Sedna Junction (Saryn specter)

owo_tech

Question

Posted (edited)

The Volt warframe (Dreamers Bond, Redirection, Vitality), together with Paris and Dex Nikana have proven good enough to rush the story including the Second Dream, and I was able to cheese most junctions by slightly outranging my enemies in melee. Now, for quite a while, I have been stuck on Sedna Junction. Not only do I not know how to deal with the toxin (that basically instakills my warframe if I get hit twice), I also can't effectlvely deflect the bullets with my sword (a strategy I have been using because my shields regen slightly faster than the specter's) because somehow the toxin splatters.

Does anyone have any tips for how I can beat Saryn, preferably with as little grind as possible? Is there any additional information I should provide?

Edited by owo_tech
grammer

11 answers to this question

as written above me. Jump aim hit melee and slam into her is how I managed a long time ago but also the launch of a specter can be very helpful. I got thru using the vaykor hek and for melee the lesion if I remember correct. I simply jumped slammed into her fired the hek jumped away again. only took a few of the attacks to take her down.

Posted (edited)

Did they make the junction bosses harder? I do not remember making any specific setups for the bosses or using consumables. I just go in, left shouder to the pillar, pew pew, Boss dead. I do not recall needing multiple tries for any of them. I ran base Volt with no potato until I got Umbra. I started around Fortuna patch (begining of November 2018) I played solo, without clan or any outside help till MR12 for about 4 months. I am not particularly good at multiplayer shooter games. 

I would think that after all the updates, melee 2.0, status rework and stuff they are even easier (because players are stronger). Wierd.

EDIT. Nope they did not. I just ran Sedna Junction with the closest setup to my basic setup i could. Sadly my Volt has some shards in so, even though I am unmodded it really is not. I do not take a single hit (even shield hit) so the HP hardly matters. I also only cast 2 shields so the starting energy shard shouldnt matter either. Do not own base Boltor any more (just prime incarnon, so i ran Telos instead). Specifically used unmaxed Serration:

https://streamable.com/1s2n8a

Just base pillar/headshot abuse - nothing fancy (I tried unmodded Telos Boltor before, but it took ages and i ran out of ammo).

Here is a setup with Paris. Again I do not own normal Paris any more so I did not mod for any crit. Do not copy the setup, I have tried to be as basic as humanly possible. As you can see I am not an aiming prodigy, but due to the strategy used I can take my time with the fight as I do not take damage.

https://streamable.com/0h0wti

Best of luck!

EDIT2: I just realised that enabling enemy highlights may make locating the Specter much easier.

Edited by Zakkhar

When I was under-equipped, my solution from almost all the junctions was heavy slam attacks.  I confess, whenever I'm in a panic, I revert to that strategy.

If you're struggling with the toxin, I suggest status immunity abilities because the damage reduction still allow damage through, so unless you have a way to regen health, you'll still need to deal with the toxin.  I know you said as little investment as possible, but if you grabbed Nezha from your clan dojo, Firewalker/Warding Halo would take care of the toxin, and you can focus on the fight.  Volt is the one frame that most people use everywhere, but there are uses for the other frames.

11 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Did they make the junction bosses harder?

I have only been playing about a 18-24 months but IMO they did buff all the enemies multiple times. 

At one point this winter or fall i was getting a random question "what do you think of the difficulty in WF" with three answers: too easy, just right and too hard.

Perhaps I was also at the point where my setups (having just started SP a few months earlier) were decent but not perfect and I noticed enemies were harder to kill. 

Even lich runs. I notice now as they get aggravated, even modding for their weaknesses they are not as easy. It seems only archon weps dispose of them easily on sedna or in RJ.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

I have only been playing about a 18-24 months but IMO they did buff all the enemies multiple times. 

SP has nothing to do with it. And they did not. As my tests show, they did not buff the junction bosses either as I can kill junction boss with unmoded frame using wet noodle as a weapon and missing 80% of my shots within 30 seconds.

Edited by Zakkhar

vor 16 Stunden schrieb Anonymouse7611:

When I was under-equipped, my solution from almost all the junctions was heavy slam attacks.  I confess, whenever I'm in a panic, I revert to that strategy.

If you're struggling with the toxin, I suggest status immunity abilities because the damage reduction still allow damage through, so unless you have a way to regen health, you'll still need to deal with the toxin.  I know you said as little investment as possible, but if you grabbed Nezha from your clan dojo, Firewalker/Warding Halo would take care of the toxin, and you can focus on the fight.  Volt is the one frame that most people use everywhere, but there are uses for the other frames.

actually always good because it has good aoe damage.
His problem is that he dies too quickly.
So the mods are very bad or things for def are not available at all.
The best thing here is to farm enough and upgrade mods. Even if it takes almost forever at the level and with the options

17 hours ago, Anonymouse7611 said:

Thanks for the tip! I use Dreamer's Bond, but that takes a while. I sadly don't think (please do correct me if I'm wrong) you can heavy slam Dex Nikana.

18 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Did they make the junction bosses harder? I do not remember making any specific setups for the bosses or using consumables. I just go in, left shouder to the pillar, pew pew, Boss dead. I do not recall needing multiple tries for any of them. I ran base Volt with no potato until I got Umbra. I started around Fortuna patch (begining of November 2018) I played solo, without clan or any outside help till MR12 for about 4 months. I am not particularly good at multiplayer shooter games. 

I would think that after all the updates, melee 2.0, status rework and stuff they are even easier (because players are stronger). Wierd.

EDIT. Nope they did not. I just ran Sedna Junction with the closest setup to my basic setup i could. Sadly my Volt has some shards in so, even though I am unmodded it really is not. I do not take a single hit (even shield hit) so the HP hardly matters. I also only cast 2 shields so the starting energy shard shouldnt matter either. Do not own base Boltor any more (just prime incarnon, so i ran Telos instead). Specifically used unmaxed Serration:

https://streamable.com/1s2n8a

Just base pillar/headshot abuse - nothing fancy (I tried unmodded Telos Boltor before, but it took ages and i ran out of ammo).

Here is a setup with Paris. Again I do not own normal Paris any more so I did not mod for any crit. Do not copy the setup, I have tried to be as basic as humanly possible. As you can see I am not an aiming prodigy, but due to the strategy used I can take my time with the fight as I do not take damage.

https://streamable.com/0h0wti

Best of luck!

EDIT2: I just realised that enabling enemy highlights may make locating the Specter much easier.

Thank you very much for this answer, the videos were extremely helpful. This strategy was a god-send, With your help, I have been finally able to beat the boss.

18 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

I can kill junction boss with unmoded frame using wet noodle as a weapon and missing 80% of my shots within 30 seconds

Which likely has more to do with your ability as a player rather than the adjustments they made at such a low entry level you don't notice.

Either that, or DE likes to spend time coding useless software builds just because.