The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I don't think so, but is there any difference in game play if you are operator or drifter?

MutoManiac

Question

Posted (edited)

Hi all! I never did any fashion framing, but as some say, it's end game stuff, so here I am. I'd like to equip some goofy items on my drifter but it seems some like the vent kids pobber items only go on the operator. I guess adults don't fit into kids armor might be the reason? 

Is there any difference whether I use the operator or the drifter besides them being a different age? I guess my thinking is that maybe there are less bugs paying as drifter since they are a newer addition? Thanks

Edited by MutoManiac

9 answers to this question

The difference is mostly visual, there are no significant gameplay differences between them. However, some cosmetics are not available for drifters yet, such as amp skins or some suits. And they can ride k-drives if you care about this sort of things.

9 minutes ago, Genitive said:

And they can ride k-drives if you care about this sort of things

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. But now I'm confused, are you saying that the operator or drifter can ride k-drives? I just tried both and that's not an option. I do like k-drives.

• Like 1

Just now, LittleLeoniePrime said:

if you have the "operator voice" toggle turned on in the options being the drifter will basically act as if it was turned off. That's basically the only difference.

Oh, good to know, thanks.

I'm fairly sure it works this way, but I haven't played Operator since TNW.

There are some openings in this game you have to crouch to fit through.

The operator roll/dodge move doesn't actually reduce your height and and you'll get stuck.
The drifter roll/dodge does reduce your height and you can get past these roadblocks.

3 minutes ago, 16Bitman said:

I'm fairly sure it works this way, but I haven't played Operator since TNW.

There are some openings in this game you have to crouch to fit through.

The operator roll/dodge move doesn't actually reduce your height and and you'll get stuck.
The drifter roll/dodge does reduce your height and you can get past these roadblocks.

Oof, that’s not insignificant. Thanks

Posted (edited)

I have read somewhere that there is a slight difference in jump height, double jump tends to not work for drifter and void sling is slower. I play exlusively with Drifter since TNW as well.

After wiki:

• The roll maneuver for the Drifter uses a standard roll instead of sliding like the Operator, which travels slightly further. The distance travelled by rolling 3 times is roughly similar to an Operator sliding 4 times.
  • The Drifter is noticeably taller than the Operator, making them a far bigger target.
Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, MutoManiac said:

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. But now I'm confused, are you saying that the operator or drifter can ride k-drives? I just tried both and that's not an option. I do like k-drives.

You're right. Drifter could ride k-drive in the quest, so I suppose I just remembered incorrectly they can also do it outside the quest.

3 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

I have read somewhere that there is a slight difference in jump height, double jump tends to not work for drifter and void sling is slower. I play exlusively with Drifter since TNW as well.

After wiki:

• The roll maneuver for the Drifter uses a standard roll instead of sliding like the Operator, which travels slightly further. The distance travelled by rolling 3 times is roughly similar to an Operator sliding 4 times.
  • The Drifter is noticeably taller than the Operator, making them a far bigger target.

Oh, that does make a difference. Thanks