Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Firewall Problems

[DE]Glen

so me and all the players from "Egypt had that problem with ports a couple of weeks ago that we couldn't actually see any players on relays or cities like cetus or fortuna even at the dojo. after a long search for any solution and after a dozen players contacted DE and getting alot of answers like just use vpn or its your Internet company's problem we decided to go with it and just use vpn for trading and such things 

but yesterday after hotfix 30.0.6 the game just says "please make sure that your firewall permts UDP ports 4950 & 4955" and doesnt allow me or any other player from Egypt to play or contact with friends. not even get or send invitations or join any public lobbies. and the player appears to be offline for other people.

• Like 6

On 2021-04-22 at 8:20 PM, collecterz said:

so me and all the players from "Egypt had that problem with ports a couple of weeks ago that we couldn't actually see any players on relays or cities like cetus or fortuna even at the dojo. after a long search for any solution and after a dozen players contacted DE and getting alot of answers like just use vpn or its your Internet company's problem we decided to go with it and just use vpn for trading and such things 

but yesterday after hotfix 30.0.6 the game just says "please make sure that your firewall permts UDP ports 4950 & 4955" and doesnt allow me or any other player from Egypt to play or contact with friends. not even get or send invitations or join any public lobbies. and the player appears to be offline for other people.

+1 here

• Like 2

yup same here , tried multiple fixes but it seems more of a regional problem

• Like 2

ay yo guys i found a good Solution  actually it was more like suggested 2 me by  BiG_BaD_WolF07

just use an app called cloudflare to secure ur connection, & it will solve the problem

here is the link https://1.0.0.1/ just download the app , install it ,and turn it on, everything should be fine after that. the first empty relays issue and the last public lobbies one too 

GL my tenno brothers 

Edited by Anubis_SATOA
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Anubis_SATOA said:

ay yo guys i found a good Solution  actually it was more like suggested 2 me by  BiG_BaD_WolF07

just use an app called cloudflare to secure ur connection, & it will solve the problem

here is the link https://1.0.0.1/ just download the app , install it ,and turn it on, everything should be fine after that. the first empty relays issue and the last public lobbies one too 

GL my tenno brothers 

dude , ty so much for the help , I tried so many solutions but this one and vpn worked but this one is much smoother , anyone getting the firewall bug should use this

• Like 1

On 2021-04-25 at 2:14 PM, Anubis_SATOA said:

GL my tenno brothers 

Thank you so much dude i finaly can play public matches

i frekin love you dude

• Like 1

GL my tenno brothers 

you are a life saver ty so much bro <3 <3 

• Like 1

GL my tenno brothers 

Is there a version of this app for Windows 7. I can't install this one as it;s for Windows 8 and higher, and I can't find a version for Windows 7.

On 2021-04-29 at 11:41 AM, Jonathus said:

Is there a version of this app for Windows 7. I can't install this one as it;s for Windows 8 and higher, and I can't find a version for Windows 7.

ive looked for some alternative apps that do the same job , but im not sure about whether they will work on win7 or not. but i do hope they work for you 

Microsoft Azure 

Sucuri

Haproxy 

the first one is paid , but the rest 2 are free pick one and give it a try 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

same here someone help us !

• 2 weeks later...

can i ask why i had to use vpn to bypass this problem , i enjoy 4 games online :league of legend/hearthstone/continent of the ninth/ warframe  and only one i had this problem is warframe so its not problem from my pc or my fire wall because i simply disable it bef play warframe and nothing happend , please fix this problem it been long time  , don't make people change there ip to even play the game , why warframe server didn't accept all ip , pls reply warframe ty

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm having this issue. Every time I open the game the message about ports 4950 and 4955 appears. Can't find squads, messages I send are not being received, players can't invite me 'cause it shows I'm offline to them. I only use the windows firewall, I've checked the ports and everything is correct so the problem is not with my pc/firewall. I'm not sure if it's related but I started getting this issue after the last update "Nidus Prime/Plague Star Hotfix 30.7.4".

I'm having this issue. Every time I open the game the message about ports 4950 and 4955 appears. Can't find squads, messages I send are not being received, players can't invite me 'cause it shows I'm offline to them. I only use the windows firewall, I've checked the ports and everything is correct so the problem is not with my pc/firewall. I'm not sure if it's related but I started getting this issue after the last update "Nidus Prime/Plague Star Hotfix 30.7.4".

• 2 months later...

New player here. I've been playing (on PC) for the last 3-4 days and I got invited yesterday into a clan. But I can't see anyone in clan, nor anyone in my friendlist online. Can't send invites, can't receive invites. Meaning: no mutiplayer for me... I do see people in cities. The first multiplayer-game I've played in 10+ years where I have to use port-forwarding... Didn't know it still was a thing. My ISP was also surprised btw. Here's a list of things I tried in the last 8 hours (I lost count):

- Added rules to Windows firewall > Result > "Please ensure that your firewall permits UDP ports 4950 & 4955."
- Disabled all firewalls including the firewall in Router > Result > "Please ensure that your firewall permits UDP ports 4950 & 4955."
- Manuall added the ports to the Router > Result > "Please ensure that your firewall permits UDP ports 4950 & 4955."
- Let the game add the UDP and TCP ports (UPnP) > Result > "Please ensure that your firewall permits UDP ports 4950 & 4955."
- Contacted my ISP and they tried to help > Result > "Please ensure that your firewall permits UDP ports 4950 & 4955."
- Read many forum topics > Result > Not any progress made so far, unless you count what the problem isn't.

This image will show you that my ports are open and working: https://imgur.com/a/hK9NRSf 
- The UDP and TCP Ports were automatically added by the game. I also tried to add the TPC Range 6695-6699, but gave me the same result.
  These are the only ports that have been added to my router, so nothing else is in there.

The weird thing is that many people don't have this issue. I'm from the Netherlands and would love to see if there are other people from NL that don't have this issue. My ISP is Ziggo.

LOG:

38.346 Net [Error]: Could not contact 104.236.17.211:4950 from client
38.346 Net [Error]: Could not contact 104.236.17.211:4950 from server
38.346 Net [Error]: Could not contact 104.236.17.211:4950 from client
38.346 Net [Error]: Could not contact 104.236.17.211:4950 from server
38.346 Net [Error]: Could not contact 128.199.105.91:4950 from client
38.346 Net [Error]: Could not contact 128.199.105.91:4950 from server
38.346 Net [Error]: Could not contact 128.199.105.91:4950 from client
38.346 Net [Error]: Could not contact 128.199.105.91:4950 from server
38.346 Net [Error]: Could not contact 165.227.164.4:4950 from client
38.346 Net [Error]: Could not contact 165.227.164.4:4950 from server
38.346 Net [Error]: Could not contact 165.227.164.4:4950 from client
38.346 Net [Error]: Could not contact 165.227.164.4:4950 from server
38.346 Net [Error]: Could not contact 188.166.23.150:4950 from client
38.346 Net [Error]: Could not contact 188.166.23.150:4950 from server
38.346 Net [Error]: Could not contact 188.166.23.150:4950 from client
38.346 Net [Error]: Could not contact 188.166.23.150:4950 from server
38.346 Net [Error]: Could not contact 192.184.13.46:4950 from client
38.346 Net [Error]: Could not contact 192.184.13.46:4950 from server
38.346 Net [Error]: Could not contact 192.184.13.46:4950 from client
38.346 Net [Error]: Could not contact 192.184.13.46:4950 from server
38.346 Net [Warning]: Marking 104.236.17.211:4950 unreachable
38.346 Net [Warning]: Marking 128.199.105.91:4950 unreachable
38.346 Net [Warning]: Marking 165.227.164.4:4950 unreachable
38.346 Net [Warning]: Marking 188.166.23.150:4950 unreachable
38.346 Net [Warning]: Marking 192.184.13.46:4950 unreachable
38.346 Net [Info]: Network analysis complete. 0 of 20 tests passed.
38.346 Net [Error]: Could not select an NRS Server (none responded!)
38.346 Net [Info]: Network analysis: Please ensure that your firewall permits UDP ports 4950 & 4955.

Edited by IIIIIHydraIIIII

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Same issue as for IIIIIHydraIIIII   user, nothing solved the "Please ensure that your firewall permits UDP ports 4950 & 4955" error.

It's been a week since I last time visited the game, but neither me or my ISP changed anything with internet connection.
It might be issue after Echoes of Duviri Hotfix 33.6.9.

Edited by Romanspring
Checked on hotfix updates

7 hours ago, Romanspring said:

It might be issue after Echoes of Duviri Hotfix 33.6.9.

Hotfix patches like this don't alter anything about the net code; it's most likely something with your connection, I'd restart network equipment, enable UPnP if present, port forward those ports via UDP to your appropriate local client IP (whatever device needs them forwarded) in your router web portal, or try to use a VPN if none of those works.

You can also try to use another connection (i.e. from phone hotspot, a friend's house, etc.) to see if it's localized to your specific one. It very well could be something on your ISPs servers or your network equipment, I've had issues with routing from both in the past.

• 6 months later...

Please help, I keep having trouble connecting online with my friends and the same error appears in front of and it reads (please ensure that your firewall permits UDP ports 4950 & 4955) over and over again. And I even looked into it online and every video shows the fix on PC, no fixes on playstation 5. Can you please help me?

2 hours ago, Infamous17usa said:

And I even looked into it online and every video shows the fix on PC, no fixes on playstation 5. Can you please help me?

You'll probably need to make sure either UPnP is enabled on your router, or manually forward traffic for the ports it lists (4950 / 4955) from your router's web portal / settings. If that doesn't work, it could be for various reasons but the most common is likely CG-NAT interfering (especially if you have a 4G/5G home internet plan), in which case you'd probably be best off contacting your ISP to see what solution they can provide for their infrastructure causing tunneling issues.