The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros rework and mod suggestion

Shadowxd79X

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Shadowxd79X said:

This is one of the many builds i run now... i don't use despoil on some builds like the one i posted 

Heh, first time for everything, looking good! Pretty similar to what I've got minus the augments. I love Arcane Blessing. This is what I'm running on my Gaze Kitgun to proc Theorem Infection and buff my minions (alongside Nourish), with his innate full armor strip Viral+Electric shreds.

XTkUouk.jpg

Funny trick: unload your whole magazine on an armored heavy while they're invulnerable being corrupted, then hit Terrify and watch them keel over to an electric dot tick in the millions. The Riven can be replaced with Lethal Torrent and perform similarly.

Edited by Xylena_Lazarow

1 minute ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

Heh, first time for everything, looking good! Pretty similar to what I've got minus the augments. I love Arcane Blessing. This is what I'm running on my Gaze Kitgun to proc Theorem Infection and buff my minions (alongside Nourish), with his innate full armor strip Viral+Electric shreds.

XTkUouk.jpg

i run sporelacer with firestorm to proc infection and it has HUGE aoe

2 minutes ago, Shadowxd79X said:

i run sporelacer with firestorm to proc infection and it has HUGE aoe

Sporelacer rocks. Usually run an Incarnon primary to nuke, for fun I've got a primary Catchmoon and Rattleguts with stupid high fire rates and zero recoil.

eCHw08C.jpg

The purple (with Nourish) completely replaces Equilibrium, the yellow is cast speed, two blues are energy pool, and the third blue is shield cap for Reinforced Bond.

6 minutes ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

Sporelacer rocks. Usually run an Incarnon primary to nuke, for fun I've got a primary Catchmoon and Rattleguts with stupid high fire rates and zero recoil.

eCHw08C.jpg

The purple (with Nourish) completely replaces Equilibrium, the yellow is cast speed, two blues are energy pool, and the third blue is shield cap for Reinforced Bond.

i use toroid for ripkas fast body gore to fuel my build fast af but the thing that i need to watch out for is the damage is too high for slash proc to kill to activate gore from ripkas

Nekros at best would fit into the Rebalance section of frames, not the Rework. His powers are great and work great with the exception of the almost-forgettable bug with his 4.

Altogether he'd fit in around number 42 in the list of frames that are in need of any kind of Fix / Rebalance / Rework. As long as OP is happy waiting till 2026/7 for adjustments then yeah, go wild.

11 minutes ago, Shadowxd79X said:

it does work but if you get damage to high it won't, it's hard to explain but it might be a bug for me, can I show videos on here?

No need, the wiki explains that it gets inconsistent with dot procs and radial damage. Nobody seems to have figured out exactly how it works yet.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Xylena_Lazarow:

I know a little off-topic, but this is the entire problem with difficulty and TTK in this game. Merely a "usable" weapon kills just fine at level cap given the right support, the more significant challenge is getting the hang of whatever survival gimmick (and having the patience to stay in the same mission a while). No amount of Super Smart AI is going to make any difference when the highest level enemies still die before they can actually use their AI, some increase in TTK for basic enemies and heavies on SP is badly needed, the bullet sponge complainers can go drink grokdrul.

My mind blocks out the existence of Octavia. Curious, why run EHP mods if you're not going full tank? Since the job of Nekros is often boring farming missions, working on my summoner tank RP build has been the fun. Not for level cap, but he face tanks and his killer minions defend points for at least an hour on SP Taveuni.

AjRpzMZ.jpg

If it looks like something is missing, it's covered by the rest of the loadout. Ripkas on melee of course.

You raise a very important point. because there is definitely no reward for long runs. and it's not worth it either.........
And how you can faceroll in SP Surv has also been known for a long time: like mag with causal mods and Tenet shotgun and very useful Volt Specter thanks to Shield.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Shadowxd79X:

Quick question, I'm trying to screenshot a build of mine and show you to help you out if I can on this, but it only uses URL's? how do I show you pictures like the one in this post?

Unfortunately, you can only save it to your hard drive and then use an external website to upload it

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Shadowxd79X:

This is one of the many builds i run now the aura i just run because I love damage though everything you see here is constantly switched out since i get bored BECAUSE I only run nekros but I like the shadows augment because of strings and it helps other people differ between allies and enemy's also blessing I keep on switching out vitality to put something on but don't forget I have like 6 sets of nekros prime built, as for weapons it always changes. and if you have questions just ask and remember no build is the wrong build.

image.png?ex=66509d61&is=664f4be1&hm=155

You definitely have to test the whole thing here. I personally (unfortunately) am not convinced by the whole thing.
and I've tried a lot of things since 2013.
and of course that's just opinion. because everyone has their OWN TASTE.

So please definitely pay attention to that. there are already cool builds. However, they are certainly not intended for most players

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Xylena_Lazarow:

XTkUouk.jpg

Funny trick: unload your whole magazine on an armored heavy while they're invulnerable being corrupted, then hit Terrify and watch them keel over to an electric dot tick in the millions. The Riven can be replaced with Lethal Torrent and perform similarly.

If it's too good, please keep it a secret. otherwise it will be ruined too quickly.
I haven't tested your builds yet. am still in the process.
definitely thumbs up for your work!👍

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Xylena_Lazarow:

eCHw08C.jpg

Hm. But this is about a special build?
because I have several versions of it when it was released. I think you continued to experiment and found good combinations

vor 37 Minuten schrieb Xylena_Lazarow:

I'm using the shards to displace both Equilibrium and Primed Flow, making room for all 3 augments.

This Nourish build and this Roar minion build on Overframe are both very similar to the one I'm using.

thanks for quick reply. 👍
What would still be interesting would definitely be weapon build + sentinel procs. at least if it's not a secret. And I'm definitely not the only one who's interested. 👍

1 hour ago, Venus-Venera said:

What would still be interesting would definitely be weapon build + sentinel procs.

Which weapon? I posted the Gaze Kitgun earlier which is the main one I use to drive the minion buffs. Melee needs to be Ripkas for the Amalgam mod, but otherwise there's a lot of flexibility. I don't run a Sentinel because it's a farming build, here's my Smeeta catstick if you were curious. Are they really nerfing Smeeta? I hope not.

ZSxBhmP.jpg

vor 14 Stunden schrieb Xylena_Lazarow:

I'm using the shards to displace both Equilibrium and Primed Flow, making room for all 3 augments.

This Nourish build and this Roar minion build on Overframe are both very similar to the one I'm using.

definitely an interesting build. That would be something for sp circuit? especially if you get armor+str from armor buffs.
Damage is ok. Only it has a big disadvantage because we cannot adapt shards for different builds. because the strength of the build is probably camp missions like def/surv etc?
I have now also bought Theorem Infection lvl 5 👍

and with this build I would like to have more range. Because without Armor Reduce (2nd skill) damage is extremely reduced in SP mode. and the enemies will still run away. So aug (no space) is needed here or in my case cold proc + gloom does it too. because minion damage looks good on paper. but in reality it is greatly reduced.

I am actually disappointed with Nekros.  He is my weakest frame and for a Master of the Dead, he has been killed twice.  Prior to him I got Nyx who is much better.  I got Nekros in advice from a Warframe site that put him among the top five Warframes!  I must not know how to use him effectively as I would rate him as one if the five most useless frames.  It’s possible he was once better and was remodeled but its probably just me not knowing how and when to use him.  My two favorite are Volt snd Rhino.

Posted (edited)
vor 9 Minuten schrieb (MOB)geraldo5:

I am actually disappointed with Nekros.  He is my weakest frame and for a Master of the Dead, he has been killed twice.  Prior to him I got Nyx who is much better.  I got Nekros in advice from a Warframe site that put him among the top five Warframes!  I must not know how to use him effectively as I would rate him as one if the five most useless frames.  It’s possible he was once better and was remodeled but its probably just me not knowing how and when to use him.  My two favorite are Volt snd Rhino.

Nekros is even number one for me. I've been playing with it since 2013. Nekros is easy to tweak and is very difficult to kill even in Steel Path. he even defends def obj very well.
If you play it without a shield, definitely add 5 blue shards. This gives you a lot of armor and life and you don't have to rely on the mod with 3x450 armor.

and post screenshot of your build.

Edited by Venus-Venera

10 hours ago, Venus-Venera said:

Nekros is even number one for me. I've been playing with it since 2013. Nekros is easy to tweak and is very difficult to kill even in Steel Path. he even defends def obj very well.
If you play it without a shield, definitely add 5 blue shards. This gives you a lot of armor and life and you don't have to rely on the mod with 3x450 armor.

and post screenshot of your build.

You should pay more attention to the sidebar glyphs to see who's posting. Adding shards is not the advice you want to give a player who made their account 11 hours ago.

@(MOB)geraldo5 Nekros has 3 good forms of survival from his abilities- his second ability makes enemies stop shooting and run away, his third ability generates a healing item on kill, and his 4th ability diverts aggro from you (and gives you damage reduction with augment). You need to progress your star chart and round out your mod collection to make Nekros stronger, and as you progress you will also come across more ways to sustainably gain energy so you can use those abilities consistently. Welcome to Warframe, I hope you enjoy your stay.

-------------------------------------

I can't speak to OP's issues with Nekros's 4th, as I avoid using his 4th because I am one of the suckers who has trouble telling the difference between ally/enemy NPCs when they are from the same faction. Enemy Highlighting has merely moved this from "impossible" to "playable", not "comfortable". As mentioned by others earlier in the thread, I do wish they were more visually distinct from base enemies than they are now, like the Ballistica Prime ghosts. Beyond that, all I can say is OP's asks do not seem unreasonable to me.