Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update Failures

[DE]Glen

DAMN I've been trying to update this "sweet cream god of potato love-_-" for like 2 days now!! now this morning a truck just had hit my head and then I wondered what if I use vpn? holy sweet cream god of potato love -_- worked..!.

Try using a VPN see if it works for u guys

I used cyberghost 6.. hope this helps.. any other sweet cream god of potato lover!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Since the Plains of Eidolon release, we have been receiving an update failure.  The same error is occurring on two machines each with a different account.   Checking for content completes, download goes to more than 98% and then fails with the message:

Some content updates could not be downloaded from our servers.

Please restart Warframe to try again

I tried every 5-10 minutes for a couple of hours with no success. 

I deleted the client and re-installed, but it still fails at the same point. 

I disabled Malwarebytes, shut down and restarted the client.

I've logged into warframe.com (obviously from this post) and not had any problems connecting or downloading content.

16 hours ago, Rolenelor said:

Since the Plains of Eidolon release, we have been receiving an update failure.  The same error is occurring on two machines each with a different account.   Checking for content completes, download goes to more than 98% and then fails with the message:

Please restart Warframe to try again

I tried every 5-10 minutes for a couple of hours with no success. 

I deleted the client and re-installed, but it still fails at the same point. 

I disabled Malwarebytes, shut down and restarted the client.

I've logged into warframe.com (obviously from this post) and not had any problems connecting or downloading content.

I have the same problem.  Have you tried unchecking "Aggressive Download" or "Bulk Download" (or both) in the launcher? I was playing around with those options on my lunch break and when I left for work it seemed to be still updating (although very slowly). Was wondering if others tried this and had any luck.

hi after poe i cant update the game and baro is comeingand i am mad now Update failed!

Please restart Warframe to try again.

The update will be restarted shortly..

i cant update and i did evry thing i sea in you tube but it didnt work 

plz DE fix this

Same issue, and the only way to resolve it is using VPN.

However that's not an option for me, i can't constantly play with enabled VPN. And if i disable VPN, game works very unstable in solo-mode, and not work at all in co-op mode.

I have a strange feeling that devs just shadow-banning certain ISPs, which obviously causing tens of thousands ppl per provider banned not been able to access game anymore.

So...

Initially i ad game installed as non-steam version, when i suddenly had a ingame bug that didn't let me retriev freshly crafted item.

I've tried to relog, and that when it first caused that bug to apper.

So i reinstalled game on Steam, an also completely deleted old folder - still caused same bug to apper.

I'v tried VPN - which sorta fixed it.

I'v tried to reinstall game on comletely different SSD - didn't worked.

And finally i'v tried completely fresh reinstall as last resort:

I'v deleted completely every old instalment folders

I'v searched and deleted every single folder on my PC that had anything "warframe" in it

And finally i'v searched and deleted everything in windows register that had "warframe" part.

That pretty much maximum you can do to delete everything that warframe might put on your PC. It still didn't worked.

That pretty much maximum proof one need to be absolutely sure problem  IS NOT about their local PCs. Problem is surely at server side.

Either something really badly messed up with server code, that messed up with your account setting server side.

Or devs just shadow-banning entire IP-pools, trying getting rid of some particular "cheaters", but causing 10 times more ppl using same IP-pools unable to play the game :P

Update: After unchecking "Aggressive Download" and "Bulk Download" in the launcher options, I was able to download the update.  But the download is extremely slow.  I still occasionally got the same error message as others have described but much less frequently than before.  The only way I could download the latest hotfix was by leaving those options unchecked, but it took much longer than previous hotfix downloads of similar size before the PoE update.

So it's third day already. No changes on login bug, and absolutely zero replies on Warframe support (not even a bot-reply).

Seems like devs "prefer" to ignore some issues, pretending they are not exist :P

Edited by Redwyrm

Port forwarding also doesn't help.

It come more and more clear that specific IP-pools are banned by developers.

Hate to say it, but that is just super-silly. No one nowadays dealing with "cheaters" via IP bans... that's both way to unreliable (hence VPN), and gives hundred more ppl per single cheater "banned" lots of troubles with game.

Mine is not working still. 2nd day.

All other websites and other gameservers (of the games I play) are working fine.

.... what's worse is that this happened after I bought Plat. >.<

What's the issue here?

UPDATE: I tried the VPN route (as suggested earlier in the thread), and everything works friggin' fine.

DE, please check ISP blocking for the Philippines (PLDT DSL).

Edited by donsenyor
Update

That actually the worse for devs.

I personaly considered to buy some ingame stuff with $. But now with those issue - no way i will.

Even though game is working for me again, i'd rather just try and grind hard t o earn stuff ingame. And if grinding gonna be too much - i'll just quit it for good.