Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Half Shields According To Stat Sheet

MSD3000

It took me a while to catch on, but apparently my Valkyr will only go into a mission with half shields, at ALL TIMES. I've got a Redirection and Vigor mod on her, and she's level 19 so her shields are 780 on the STAT SCREEN, however in the actual mission its only 390.

I read up a bit, and sadly her crappy half shields seem to be what she's intended to have.

It's too bad really, it makes trying to mod her for shields/Paralysis kindov underwhelming. And Stacking Vitality/Steel Armor, to health tank is still not very effective given the new damage types. If it weren't for Hysteria, she'd have very little survivability at all. But I'm not really someone who likes to spam 4 all day to win. And I also don't like being forced to stick a Reactor and 2 Forma on a frame to start seeing results.

The point is, if you are going to nerf a part of a frame before release, at least cover your coding tracks. Please fix the Stat readout to show her properly sad shields, so that I don't get my hopes up while in the menus.

Valkyr seems to be designed with extremes in mind :

Extreme low shields to make her a Health tank with 200 armor which actually makes her very squishy.

Extreme cost skills in term of her 2 skill costing 75 energy for mass buff/debuff over an area.

Extreme invulnerability for a time then getting downed if you took too much punishment from too many enemies.

Extreme builds where one can easily build her as Paralyze spec to nuke everything for 8 Energy and half her shields or max range and duration for her other three powers.

Valkyr doesn't balance in the middle; it does when you push her on one end or the other of the spectrum. A very high risk vs reward frame.

Edited by Wiegraf

• 2 months later...

Hi! my Valkyr is at level 30 + orokin reactor , base shield is 150 , if I add my 400% redirection mod (level 13) will only add 200! instead of 400 , happens the same with vigor mod.

150 + 400 = 550 shields

for some reason valkyr is cutting to half the benefit of the mods redirection and vigor on the shields.

Thanks

Hi! my Valkyr is at level 30 + orokin reactor , base shield is 150 , if I add my 400% redirection mod (level 13) will only add 200! instead of 400 , happens the same with vigor mod.

150 + 400 = 550 shields

for some reason valkyr is cutting to half the benefit of the mods redirection and vigor on the shields.

Thanks

Base shield is 50, that's what it works from.