The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

/2 becoming/3 in mobile defence missions resulting in loss

Had a mobile device mission i was struggling in that was /2 as soon as i got the second instead of going from 1/2 to 2/2 it went from 1/2 to 2/3. If i didn't have a dojo would be uninstalling this. 

Posted (edited)

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Mobile_Defense

Mobile Defence has almost always 3 targets. You may mean the Grineer tileset where you first defend two consoles on the sides and than artifact in the middle.

• Mobile Defense missions taking place within the Grineer Asteroid tileset have all objectives co-located in the same large room. The last data terminal defense is replaced by a cryopod defense which is initiated by activating a pair of friendship consoles.
  • The Grineer Shipyards Mobile Defense tile features three objectives, with two of them out in pods accessible only by bridges, making them easy to defend. The third objective can only be accessed once the first two have been completed, taking place inside a reactor room whose narrow confines encourage close combat.

If you struggle on basic starchart missions, you need to mod your weapons.

Edited by Zakkhar

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Mobile_Defense

Mobile Defence has always 3 targets. You may mean the Grineer tileset where you first defend two consoles on the sides and than artifact in the middle.

Directly from the link you just posted:

Non-standard Mobile Defense missions (e.g. Nightmare Mode) will sometimes reduce the number of data terminals by 1 while maintaining the same total defense time. When this occurs, the defense times for the remaining terminals will increase from 60-80 seconds to 90-120 seconds, based on mission level. (This variation is possible on all ground tilesets, including those mentioned elsewhere in this list.)

It also happens in normal missions sometimes. Maybe only on Dirus, Deimos? At least that particular node has two terminals pretty often. I haven't noticed whether or not it only happens for special missions on other nodes.

I haven't ever seen the number change mid-mission, though.

Edited by Exxion
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Exxion said:

I haven't ever seen the number change mid-mission, though.

It may do that in at least one of two tilesets I mentioned. Especially if the mission is not orginally a mobile defnce (Invasion or something).

Normal Mob defence can also change into extermination after 1-2 consoles.

Edited by Zakkhar

It is not true that all mobile defense Missions have 3 defense targets. Sometimes it only has 2 and then the timer is also much longer. And I am not referring to the '2 mobile defense and then 1 defense' target missions. 

1 hour ago, ApoXx95 said:

It is not true that all mobile defense Missions have 3 defense targets. Sometimes it only has 2 and then the timer is also much longer. And I am not referring to the '2 mobile defense and then 1 defense' target missions. 

That is great, but how does that correpond with OP?