The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Spaget - Can you guys please fix Mod Loadout from cranking my GPU?

Xzorn

It happens in plenty of games. Loading screens and similar but those are quick and using Riva Tuner to cap FPS usually prevents overwork.

In the case of Warframe the Loadout frame mod setup is something I spend a little time looking at and I'm just tired of hearing my GPU fans take off while looking through mods. The game in a hub or multi-player doesn't even put my fans to 90%. I have an aggressive fan curve so the heat to usage I'm getting makes no sense.

60-68% GPU usage - 73c

Spoiler

fyjA6fO.png

My GPU under actual stress. 3rd round on Uni: 96-99% - 77c

Spoiler

Ccxbr8p.png

I'm running a 3080 24GB, 13600k. 7 quality case fans. I generally run cool (for air in Florida).

29 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

I think what needs fixing is something with your setup, not Warframe as nobody else seem to have this problem.

Pretty sure it's the new GI in the orbiter not being optimized. I work with PCs I use so many case fans so I can maintain good airflow at lower RPMs. In any game my GPU only breaks 70c when it's at or near full load. It only takes about 40s for it to break 70c sitting at the screen and it'll drop down the moment I leave it.

It could potentially be interactions with my background setup in the screen but that's not my system.

I just clicked first link and a search and there's another post about it:

Follow up. It is new GI with objects for my loadout screen background.

I can't actually get my GPU to break 60% usage anywhere in the Orbiter unless I look at it.
Still, distant to close is a notable increase in GPU core clock but not usage. The mod loadout being right on top is the heat difference.

Looking at it with distance highest GPU usage in Orbiter: Core 1500mhz
6GLfdRH.jpg

Looking at close distance: Core 1980mhz
WfHqAAA.jpg

On 2024-06-14 at 7:30 PM, Xzorn said:

Follow up. It is new GI with objects for my loadout screen background.

I can't actually get my GPU to break 60% usage anywhere in the Orbiter unless I look at it.
Still, distant to close is a notable increase in GPU core clock but not usage. The mod loadout being right on top is the heat difference.

Looking at it with distance highest GPU usage in Orbiter: Core 1500mhz
6GLfdRH.jpg

Looking at close distance: Core 1980mhz
WfHqAAA.jpg

Allow me to send you a LINK that will solve all you problems

Disabled Following Settings = Maximum Performance (GPU) can Chill!

• (Display) --> Volumetric Lightning
  • (Display) --> Dynamic Lightning
  • (Display) --> Particle System Quality (LOW or DISABLE) = Causes "Pixel puke Clusterfuzk"

Additional Improvements =

• (Display) --> Local Reflections (lightning)
  • (Display) --> Bloom (on/off) set to below 30*

+ As final solution is "Anisotropic Filtering" from 8x down to 2x, OR SIMPLE OFF

These are common issues that came with WHISPERS IN THE WALL patch release.
and has not been fixed causing overheating, overexcertion and memory dump because of the constant requirement to be 100%.
With these settings my PC, thats is aprox 5.5years old still pushing and handles game easily.

which means in the long run... all fancy-pancy Flow stuff isnt always best for your PC, Better play Lower settings and have more enjoyable experience!

On 2024-06-14 at 1:24 AM, Zakkhar said:

I think what needs fixing is something with your setup, not Warframe as nobody else seem to have this problem.

Thats very one-sided aspect, and i understand you may "think so".
but please dont put me in your Left-seat Group of "ofc its always perfect".

Let me take you down to the reality.
- Not everyone is rich.
- Not everyone can afford the best PC
- Not everyone can afford upgrading or improving on PC every year.

This is a problem every patch with some NEW settings being implemented but does put new strains on PCs
Especilly those that arent made 2020+
(mine is least 5+ year old and it may in current state only last me 5 or 10 year more if WF or other games putting higher requirement strain on PCs)
I find it sadly a downside that New Game Designers dont allow games to work on an Dynamic Curve to help Older PCs to Handle games
- Until those players CAN afford to improve for the (Fancy) Glitter and Glamour the games Settings may allow.

2 hours ago, H8FaTe said:

you may "think so".

I do not think so. It is Okham's Razor.

PS: My PC is from 2017, but I disabled or lowered most of blinding WF "features" long time ago (not because of GPU) and my Orbiter interior is pretty clean.

Edited by Zakkhar

@H8FaTe

I've made various posts about graphic implementation and poor optimization in the past
Some are code based, some graphic based and they've all been fixed. It's not a new thing for DE.

I've been making bug and or performance posts for a decade now. I generally know what I'm talking about. Too add another funny bug to this Topic. If you've set the application frame cap then enable V-Sync which turns off the frame cap for obvious reasons. It will still try to maintain your set frame cap even if you set it higher. You have to restart the game in order for it to recognize the new frame cap setting with V-Sync on.

I made a post on my return telling my disappointment on bugs I reported not being fixed with fun new ones.

These are old graphical based ones that have since been fixed:

Spoiler

i5 13600k
FTW3 3080 24GB
64GB 3400 CAS 14
2TB WD 850SNX m.2
1TB 950Pro m.2
Predator x34 3440x1400p
Corsair HX1k Platinum

Like I mentioned normal game doesn't even heat up my GPU as much. I can run around in Duviri for hours it doesn't beak 70c.

7 hours ago, Zakkhar said:
10 hours ago, H8FaTe said:

you may "think so".

I do not think so. It is Okham's Razor.

PS: My PC is from 2017, but I disabled or lowered most of blinding WF "features" long time ago (not because of GPU) and my Orbiter interior is pretty clean.

Its not a matter of "Okham's Razor" you default put everyone WITH YOU.
"your always right"... and because it works for you "it will ofc work for everyone else"

This lack of view is laughable.
I clearly points that i dont want to be Categorized with you as (everyone else dont have this problem) you very clearly stated.

And HOW do you KNOW everyone else dont have issues with the game, settings or troubles?
I really hate when ppl use these kind of Metaphore and are so extremely short-minded.

I Clearly stated that NOT everyone has "same setup, same things installed on their pc" (same Intel or Amd)... etc
- If everyone had the same its basicly either "Yes no problem should occur" but since we Do NOT all have same.

Alot of people build their own pc to optimize for what they do, meaning its never equal in PC
But a game can have issues with Settings (as they are implemented) can cause problem "luckily your always the safe-card guy" it seems.

• 2 weeks later...